The present paper sets out to present a numerical electromagnetic (EM) method TWA for EM field modeling of planar structures. Combining both the benefits of TWA process and the modeling of planar excitation source, an optimization technique AMT is applied and evaluated in context of RF integratedcircuit applications. The computational complexity of TWA process is examined and the obtained simulation results are found to be in good agreement with literature.
2. Warnick, K. F., "An intuitive error analysis for FDTD and comparison to MoM," IEEE Antenna and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 47, 111-115, Dec. 2005.
3. Kung, F. and H. T. Chuah, "Stability of classical finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) formulation with nonlinear elements — A new perspective," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 42, 49-89, 2003.
4. Booton, R. C., Computational Methods for Electromagnetics and Microwaves, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1992.
5. Yamashita, E., Analysis method for EM Wave Problems, Artech House, Boston, London, 1990.
6. Warnick, K. F. and W. C. Chew, "Error analysis of MoM," IEEE Antenna and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 46, 38-53.
7. Hatamzadeh-Varmazyar, S., M. Naser-Moghadasi, and Z. Masouri, "A moment method simulation of electromagnetic scattering from conducting bodies," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 99-119, 2008.
8. Wang, J. J., Generalized MoM in Electromagnetics, John Wiley& Sons, New York, 1991.
9. Papakanellos, P. J., "Accuracy and complexity assessment of subdomain moment methods for arrays of thin-wire loops," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 1-15, 2008.
10. Ozgun, O. and M. Kuzuoglu, "Finite element analysis of electromagnetic scattering problems via iterative leap-field domain composition method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 251-266, 2008.
11. Bedrosian, G., "High-performance computing for finite element methods in low-frequency electromagnetics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 07, 57-110, 1993.
12. Itoh, T., Numerical techniques for Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Passive Structures, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1989.
13. Davidson, D. B., Computational Electromagnetics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2005.
14. Ayari, M., T. Aguili, H. Temimi, and H. Baudrand, "An extended version of Transverse Wave Approach (TWA) for fullwave investigation of planar structures," Journal of Microwave, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 7, No. 2, Dec. 2008.
15. Wane, S., D. Bajon, and H. Baudrand, "Full-wave analysis of inhomogeneous deep-trench isolation patterning for substrate coupling reduction and Q-factor improvement," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 12, Dec. 2006.
16. Wane, S., D. Bajon, and H. Baudrand, "“A new full-wave hybrid differential-integral approach for the investigation of multilayer structures," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 1, Jan. 2005.
17. Taillardat, Ph., H. Aubert, and H. Baudrand, "A combination of quasi-static approach with an integral method for the characterisation of microwave planar circuits," IEEE Symp. MTTS, Vol. 1, 17-420, San Diego, May 1994.
18. Horng, T. S., W. E. McKinzie, and N. G. Alexopoulos, "Fullwave spectral domain analysis of compensation of microstrip discontinuities using triangular sub-domain functions," IEEE Trans. MTT, Vol. 40, No. 12, 2137-2148, Dec. 1992.
19. Khan, R. L. and G. I. Costache, "Finite element method applied to modeling crosstalk problems on printed circuits boards ," IEEE Trans. Elect. Comp., Vol. 31, 5-15, Feb. 1989.
20. Gong, Z. and G.-Q. Zhu, "FDTD analysis of an anisotropically coated missile," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 69-80, 2006.
21. Manzanares-Martınez, J. and J. Gaspar-Armenta, "Direct integration of the constitutive of the relations for modeling dispersive metamaterials using the finite difference time-domain technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2297-2310, 2007.
22. Schlager, K. L., "“Relative accuracy of several finite-difference time domain methods in two and three dimensions," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 41, No. 12, 1732-1737, Dec. 1993.
23. Gao, S., L.-W. Li, and A. Sambell, "FDTD analysis of a dualfrequency microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 155-178, 2005.
24. Faghihi, F. and H. Heydari, "A combination of time domain finite element-bofor calculation of electromagnetic scattering of 3-D structuresundary integral and with time domain physical optics ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 463-474, 2008.
25. Hoefer, W. J. R., "The TLM-method: Theory and applications," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 33, No. 10, 882-893, Oct. 1985.
26. Wienner, M., Electromagnetic analysis using Transmission Line, World Scientific, New Jersey, 2001.
27. Russer, P., "The transmission line matrix method," Applied Computational Methods, NATO ASI series, 243-269, Springer, London, 2000.
28. Christopoulos, C. and P. Russer, "Application of TLM to EM problems," Applied Computational Electromagnetic, NATO ASI Series, 324-350, Springer, New York, 2000.
29. Pregla, R. and L. Vietzorreck, "Combination of the source method with absorbing boundary conditions in the method of lines," IEEE Micro. Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 5, 227-229.
30. Dreher, A. and T. Rother, "New aspects of the method of lines," IEEE Micro. Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 5, 408-410, Nov. 1995.
31. Helfert, S. F., "Applying oblique coordinates in the method of lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 61, 271-278, 2006.
32. Preglas, R., "MOL-BPM method of lines based beam propagation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 11, 51-102, 1995.
33. Ney, M. M., "Method of moments as applied to electromagnetics problems," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 33, 972-980, Oct. 1985.
34. Collin, R. E., Field Theory of Guided Waves, 2nd Ed., IEEE Press, New York, 1991.
35. Grayaa, K., N. Hamdi, T. Aguili, and A. Bouallegue, "Fullwave analysis of shielded planar circuits using different models of sources," IEE Proc.--- Micro. Antennas Prop., Vol. 150, 258-264, Aug. 2003.
36. Alsunaidi, M. A., S. M. Simtiaz, and S. A. Ghazaly, "Electromagnetic wave effects on microwave transistors using a full-wave time domain model," IEEE Trans. MTT, Vol. 44, No. 6, 799-808, Jun. 1996.
37. Baudrand, H. and D. Bajon, "Equivalent circuit representation for integral formulation of electromagnetic problems," International Journal of Numerical Modeling, Vol. 15, 23-57, Jan. 2002.
38. Pujol, S., H. Baudrand, V. F. Hanna, and X. Dong, "A new approach of the source method for characterization of planar structures," EuMC, 1015-1020, 1991.
39. Bajon, D. and H. Baudrand, "Application of wave concept iterative Procedure (WCIP) to Planar circuits," Microtec'2000, 864-868, Hanover, Sep. 2000.
40. Krokhin, A. A., I. B. Snapiro, and V. A. Yampol'skij, "Nonlinear voltampere characteristic of a thin metallic foil with non diffuse faces," Fizika Metallov i Metallovedenie (FMMTAK), Vol. 63, No. 3, 421-428, 1987.
41. Froelich, J., "Unital multiplications on a Hilbert space," Proc. of the Mathematical Society, Vol. 117, No. 3, Mar.1993.
42. Istratescu, I., "Unimodular numerical contractions in Hilbert space," Proc. Japan Acad., Vol. 47, 824-826, May 1971.
43. Stojmenovic, I., Handbook of Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 2002.
44. Yarkoni, N. and N. Blaunstein, "Prediction of propagation characteristics in indoor radio communication environments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 59, 151-174, 2006.
45. Chen, C. H., C. L. Liu, C. C. Chiu, and T. M. Hu, "Ultrawide band channel calculation by SBR/Image techniques for indoor communication," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 1, 41-51, 2006.
46. Abdi, A., H. M. El-Sallabi, L. Vuokko, and S. G. Haggman, "Spatial smoothing effect on kronecker MIMO channel model in urban microcells," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 696, 2007.
47. Kuo, L.-C. and H.-R. Chuang, "A study of planar printed dipole antennas for wireless communication applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 652, 2007.
48. Mahmoudian, A. and K. Forooragi, "A novel planar leaky wave antenna for wireless applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 313-324, 2008.
49. Qin, W., "A novel patch antenna with a T-shaped parasitic strip for 2.4/5.8GHz wlan applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2311-2320, 2007.
50. Ayari, M., T. Aguili, and H. Baudrand, "An extended version of the differential-integral approach based on the transverse wave formulation," ITST'06, 457-460, Chengdu, China, Jun. 2006.
51. Ayari, M., T. Aguili, and H. Baudrand, "Nouvelle formulation de l'approche en ondes transverses & applications aux antennes en reseaux periodiques," OHD'05, 54-59, Hammamet, Tunisia, Sep. 2005.
52. Tsai, E. Y., A. M. Bacon, M. Tentzeris, and J. Papapolymerou, "Design and development of novel micro-machined patch antenna for wireless applications," Proc. Asian-Pacific Microwave Symposium, 821-824, Nov. 2002.
53. Ayari, M., T. Aguili, and H. Baudrand, "An electromagnetic simulation tool based on the original transverse wave approach (TWA)," WorldComp'07, Las Vega, Nevada, USA, MSV7410, Jun. 2007.