The modeling of the reverberation chamber with the use of deterministic techniques, one of which is the Ray Launching (RL) method, requires a careful tuning with measurements. A few factors that most severely influence the simulation results are: the minimum number of stirrer rotations to produce representative outcomes, the number of reflections of each traced ray and, finally, the size of the receive probe and the wall reflection loss. In the course of investigations it was demonstrated that these factors have a different, and in some instances --- even opposite, impact on the simulated results in the electromagnetic (EM) power domain and in the time domain (the time delay spread). A simple procedure consisting of a few steps has been proposed for tuning deterministic RL models to the measured data.
2. Rodrigues, M. E. C., L. A. R. Ramirez, L. A. R. Silva Mello, and F. J. V. Hasselmann, "A ray tracing technique for coverage predictions in micro cellular environments," Journal of Microwaves and Optoelectronics, Vol. 3, No. 5, 1-17, Jul. 2004.
3. Rautiainen, T., G. Wölfle, and R. Hoppe, "Verifying path loss and delay spread predictions of a 3D ray tracing propagation model in urban environment," IEEE 56th Vehicular Technology Conference, Vol. 4, 2470-2474, Sep. 2002.
4. Rossi, J.-P. and Y. Gabillet, "A mixed ray launching/tracing method for full 3-D UHF propagation modeling and comparison with wide-band measurements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 50, No. 4, 517-523, Apr. 2002.
5. Lee, B. S., A. R. Nix, and J. P. McGeehan, "Indoor space-time propagation modeling using a ray launching technique," IEE, 71st International Conference on Antennas and Propagation, No. 480, 279-283, Apr. 17-20, 2001.
6. Wang, Y., S. Safavi-Naeini, and S. K. Haudhuri, "A hybrid technique based on combining ray tracing and FDTD methods for site-specific modelling of indoor radio wave propagation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 5, 743-754, May 2000.
7. Ji, Z., B.-H. Li, H.-X. Wang, H.-Y. Chen, and T. K. Sarkar, "Efficient ray-tracing methods for propagation prediction for indoor wireless communications," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 43, No. 2, 41-49, Apr. 2001.
8. Kwon, D.-H., R. J. Burkholder, and P. H. Pathak, "Ray analysis of electromagnetic field build-up and quality factor of electrically large shielded enclosures," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 40, No. 1, 19-26, Feb. 1998.
9. Tan, S. Y. and H. S. Tan, "Modelling and measurements of channel impulse response for an indoor wireless communication system," Proc. IEE Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 142, No. 5, 405-410, Oct. 1995.
10. Staniec, K., "The indoor radiowave propagation modeling in ISM bands for broadband wireless systems,", Ph.D. Dissertation, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland, 2006.
11. Pomianek, A. J., K. Staniec, and Z. Joskiewicz, "Practical remarks on measurement and simulation methods to emulate the wireless channel in the reverberation chamber," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 105, 49-69, 2010.
12. Genender, E., C. L. Holloway, K. A. Remley, J. Ladbury, G. Koepke, and H. Garbe, "Use of reverberation chamber to simulate the power delay profile of a wireless environment," Proc. International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility --- EMC Europe, 1-6, Hamburg, Sep. 8-12, 2008.
13. Orlenius, C., M. Franzen, P. S. Kildal, and U. Carlberg, "Investigation of heavily loaded reverberation chamber for testing of wideband wireless units," IEEE International Symposium on Antenna Propagation, 3567-3572, Jul. 2006.
14. Hallbjorner, P., M. Grudén, and M. Jobs, "Broadband space-time measurements in reverberation chamber including comparison with real time environment," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1111-1114, 2009.
15. Corona, P., G. Ferrara, and M. Migliaccio, "Reverberating chambers as sources of stochastic electromagnetic fields," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 38, No. 3, 348-356, Aug. 1996.
16. Hill, D. A., Electromagnetic Fields in Cavities: Deterministic and Statistical Theories, Wiley-IEEE Press, Oct. 2009.
17. Yu, S.-P. and C. F. Bunting, "Statistical investigation of frequency-stirred reverberation chambers," Proc. 2003 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 1, 155-159, Istanbul, Turkey, Aug. 18-22, 2003.
18. IEC 61000-4-21 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) Part 4: Testing and measurement techniques Reverberation chamber test methods. Section 21: Reverberation Chamber Test Methods.
19. Staniec, K., "Notes on the tuning of a deterministic propagation model in the reverberation chamber," Proc. 2010 Asia-Pacific Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility APEMC, 893-896, Beijing, China, Apr. 12-16, 2010.