In this paper, a parametric electromagnetic radiated emission model has been explored. Several mathematical improvements with respect to its extraction and computational performance have been deployed. The model, represented with an array of radiating electric dipoles, predicts the electromagnetic emission of components and systems. Core-level changes have been made in order to extract the model parameters: the dipole positions, their orientations and currents, and the effective relative permittivity from near-field measurements. Thresholding and windowing techniques are used to detect and optimize dipole positions, directly from the field data. A fast and memory efficient two-level optimization algorithm based on the Levenberg-Marquardt non-linear least squares technique is implemented for parametric extraction. All the constraints of the previous model have been overcome and the system is validated for mono-substrate and multi-substrate devices from measurements and/or simulations, with promising results. A tremendous improvement in modeling capability and performance has been obtained when compared with that of its erstwhile counterpart.
2. Sicard, E., A. Boyer, and A. Tankielun, "On the prediction of near-field microcontroller emissions," IEEE Int. Symp. Electromagn. Compat., Chicago, USA, Aug. 2005.
3. Vives, Y. G., C. Arcambal, A. Louis, F. de Daran, P. Eudeline, and B. Mazari, "Modeling magnetic radiations of electronic circuits using near-field scanning method," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 49, 391-400, May 2007.
4. Ramanujan, A., Z. Riah, A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "Modeling the electromagnetic radiations of passive microwave components using a near-field scanning method," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 52, No. 4, 1056-1059, Nov. 2010.
5. Ramanujan, A., Z. Riah, A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "On the radiated emission modeling of on-chip microwave components," IEEE Int. Sym. Electromagn. Compat., Florida, USA, Jul. 2010.
6. Fernández, P. L., C. Arcambal, S. Verdeyme, D. Baudry, and B. Mazari, "Near-field measurements to create a model suitable for a commercial simulation tool," 4th Inter. Conf. Electromagn. NF Charac. Imaging (ICONIC), 208-213, Taipei, Jun. 2009.
7. Fernández, P. L., C. Arcambal, S. Verdeyme, D. Baudry, and B. Mazari, "Radiation modeling and electromagnetic simulation of an active circuit," 7th Int. Work. EMC IC (EMC Compo 09), No. 58, Toulouse, France, Nov. 2009.
8. Fernández, P. L., A. Ramanujan, Y. Vives-Gilabert, C. Arcambal, A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "A radiated emission model compatible to a commercial electromagnetic simulation tool," 20th Int. Sym. Electromagn. Compat., Zurich, Jan. 2009.
9. Fernández, P. L., C. Arcambal, Y. Vives-Gilabert, A. Ramanujan, D. Baudry, A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "Development of a magnetic field model and insertion into a commercial electromagnetic simulator," Turk. J. of Elec. Eng. Comp. Sci., Vol. 17, No. 3, 289-300, 2009.
10. Sezgin, M. and B. Sankur, "Survey over image thresholding techniques and quantitative performance evalua-tion," Journal Electronic Imaging, Vol. 13, No. 1, 146-165, Jan. 2004.
11. Levenberg, K., "A method for the solution of certain problems in least squares," Quart. Appl. Math., Vol. 2, 164-168, 1944.
12. Marquardt, D., "An algorithm for least-squares estimation of nonlinear parameters," SIAM J. Appl. Math., Vol. 11, 431-441, 1963.
13. Moré, J. J., "The Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm: Implementation and theory," Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 630, 105-116, Springer, 1978.
14. Baudry, D., C. Arcambal, A. Louis, B. Mazari, and P. Eudeline, "Applications of the near-field techniques in EMC investigations," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 49, No. 3, Aug. 2007.
15. Bouchelouk, L., Z. Riah, D. Baudry, M. Kadi, A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "Characterization of electromagnetic fields close to microwave devices using electric dipole probes," Inter. J. RF Micro. Comp. Aid. Eng., Vol. 18, 146-156, Mar. 2008.