In this manuscript, a simple synthesis method of single square loop frequency selective surface (SSLFSS) is discussed, which may find the suitable application in the fast analysis and fabrication of the frequency-selective surface. The presented technique is used to design SSLFSS at 3 GHz, 15 GHz, 22 GHz and 26 GHZ. At every frequency of interest, the analytical result is very close to the required result. Moreover, a way to control the reflection at any frequency is discussed, which may find an application in controlling the reflection level at any frequency. However, we have proposed two simple, cheaper and lightweight structures at 3 GHz and 22 GHz for the application in various satellite communications. The proposed process has been extended to the analysis of bandpass structure and desired results have been achieved, which indicates the utility of the method of synthesis of both the bandpass and bandstop structures.
2. Munk, B. A., Frequency Selective Surfaces: Theory and Design, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 2000.
3. Sakran, F. and Y. Neve-Oz, "Absorbing frequency-selective-surface for the mm-wave range," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 8, 2649-2655, 2008.
4. Singh, D., A. Kumar, S. Meena, and V. Agrawal, "Analysis of frequency selective surfaces for radar absorbing materials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 38, 297-314, 2012.
5. Ulrich, R., "Far-infrared properties of metallic mesh and its complementary structure," Infrared Physics, Vol. 7, No. 1, 37-50, 1967.
6. Durschlag, M. S. and T. A. Detemple, "Far-IR optical properties of freestanding and dielectrically backed metal meshes," Applied Optics, Vol. 20, No. 7, 1245-1253, 1981.
7. Monni, S., A. Neto, G. Gerini, F. Nennie, and A. Tijhuis, "Frequency-selective surface to prevent interference between radar and SATCOM antennas," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 220-223, 2009.
8. Rahmat-Samii, Y. and A. Densmore, "A history of reflector antenna development: Past, present and future," Proc. IEEE Microwave and Optoelectronics Conference, 17-23, California, USA, Nov. 3-6, 2009.
9. Bayatpur, F., "Metamaterial-inspired frequency-selective surfaces,", Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Michigan, USA, 2009.
10. Yilmaz, A. E. and M. Kuzuoglu, "Design of the square loop frequency selective surfaces with particle swarm optimization via the equivalent circuit model," Radioengineering, Vol. 18, No. 2, 95-102, 2009.
11. Baytpur, F. and K. Sarabandi, "Single-layered high-order miniaturized-element frequency-selective surfaces," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theo. Tech., Vol. 56, No. 4, 774-781, 2008.
12. Dickie, R., R. Cahill, H. Gamble, V. Fusco, M. Henery, M. Oldfield, P. Huggard, P. Howard, N. Grant, Y. Munro, and P. de Maagt, "Sub-millimeter wave frequency selective surface with polarization independent spectral responses," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 7, 1985-1994, 2009.
13. Pirahadi, A., F. Keshmiri, M. Hakkak, and M. Tayarani, "Analysis and design of dual band high directivity EBG resonator antenna using square loop FSS as superstrate layer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 1-20, 2007.
14. Mittra, R., C. H. Chan, and T. Cwik, "Techniques for analyzing frequency selective surfaces a review," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 76, No. 12, 1593-1615, 1988.
15. Sung, H. H., "Frequency selective wallpaper for mitigating indoor wireless interference," Ph.D. Thesis, Aukland University, NZ, 2006.
16. Marcuwitz, N., Waveguide Handbook, 1st Ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 1951.
17. Langley, R. J. and E. A. Parker, "Equivalent circuit model for arrays of square loops," Electronics Letters, Vol. 18, No. 7, 294-296, 1982.
18. Lee, C. K. and R. J. Langley, "Equivalent-circuit models for frequency selective surfaces at oblique angles of incidence," IEE Proceedings H --- Microwaves Optics and Antennas, Vol. 132, 395-399, 1985.
19. Reed, J. A., "Frequency selective surfaces with multiple periodic elements,", Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Texas at Dallas, USA, 1997.
20. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 2nd Ed., John Wiley and Sons, NY, USA, 1998.
21. Callaghan, P., E. A. Parker, and R. J. Langley, "Influence of supporting dielectric layers on the transmission properties of frequency selective surfaces," IEE Proc. H --- Microwave Antennas Propagation, Vol. 138, No. 5, 448-454, 1991.