The arrays of compound-slots (inclined and displaced from waveguide centre) are not so common in the literature and the existing systematic method of design does not take into account the presence of surrounding elements. For this kind of slots, the reasons why the Elliott's procedure cannot be applied are physically explained. A new method based on circuit theory and scattering matrices connection to include the effects of the external mutual coupling in compound slots arrays is presented in this paper. To certify the validity of the complete technique, the performance of various designed arrays are compared to the results given by full-wave commercial solvers.
2. Elliott, R. S., "An improved design procedure for small arrays of shunt slots," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 31, 48-53, 1983.
3. Gulick, J. J. and R. S. Elliott, "A general design procedure for small arrays of waveguide-fed slots," Proc. of the Antennas And Propgat. Soc. Symp., 302-305, 1987.
4. Gulick, J. J., G, J. Stern, and R. S. Elliott, "The equivalent circuit of a rectangular-waveguide-fed longitudinal slot," Proc. of the Antennas And Propgat. Soc. Symp., 685-688, 1986.
5. Montesinos-Ortego, I., M. Zhang, M. Sierra-Prez, J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Systematic design methodology for one-dimensional compound slot-arrays combining method of moments, equivalent circuit model and forward matching procedure," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. PP, No. 99, 1, 2012, DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2012.2220108.
6. Montesinos-Ortego, I., M. Zhang, M. Sierra-Prez, J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Study of the II network as the compound slot equivalent circuit model," Proc. of the 5th European Conf. on Antennas and Propagation, 1186-1190, Rome, Italy, Apr. 11-15, 2011.
7. Rengarajan, S. R., "Efficient and accurate evaluation of external mutual coupling between compound broadwall slots," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 40, No. 6, 734-737, 1992.
8. Silver, S., Microwave Antenna Theory and Design, MIT Radiation Lab. Series, McGraw Hill, London , 1949.
9. Gupta, K. C., Computer-aided Design of Microwave Circuits, Artech House, Massachusetts, 1981.
10. Collin, R. E., Foundations of Microwave Engineering, Wiley-IEEE Press, New York, 2000.
11. Kurokawa, K., "Power waves and the scattering matrix," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 194-202, Mar. 1965.
12. Kakatkar, S. S. and K. P. Ray, "Evaluation of mutual coupling between slots from dipole expressions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 9, 123-138, 2009.
13. Kakatkar, S. S. and K. P. Ray, "Near field of slot radiators,", Vol. 7, 41-55, 2009.
14. Richmond, J. H., "Mutual impedance between coplanar skew dipoles," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 18, 414-416, 1970.