Statistical characteristics of multiply scattered electromagnetic waves in turbulent magnetized plasma with both electron density and external magnetic field fluctuations are considered. Analytical expression for phase fluctuations of scattered radiation is derived using the smooth perturbation method. Correlation and wave structure functions of the phase fluctuations, angle-of-arrivals are obtained for arbitrary correlation functions of fluctuating plasma parameters and external magnetic field taking into account the diffraction effects. The evolution of a double-peaked shape in the spatial power spectrum of scattered radiation is analyzed numerically for both anisotropic Gaussian and power-law spectra of electron density fluctuations using experimental data. Phase portraits of external magnetic field fluctuations have been constructed for different non-dimensional spatial parameters characterizing a given problem.
"Some Peculiarities of the Spatial Power Spectrum of Scattered Electromagnetic Waves in Randomly Inhomogeneous Magnetized Plasma with Electron Density and External Magnetic Field Fluctuations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B,
Vol. 50, 77-95, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERB13013002
1. Ishimaru, , A., , Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Media, Multiple Scattering, Turbulence, Rough Surfaces and Remote Sensing, Vol. 2, IEEE Press, , Piscataway, New Jersey, USA, 1997.
2. Rytov, , S. M., , Y. A. Kravtsov, and V. I. Tatarskii , Principles of Statistical Radiophysics, Waves Propagation through RandomMedia, Vol. 4, Berlin, New York, Springer, 1989.
3. Tatarskii, , V. I., , Wave Propagation in a Turbulent Medium,, McGraw-Hill, New York, USA, , 1961..
4. Brown, , G. H. , J. J. Wolken, and , Liquid Crystals and Biological Structures, New York, USA, 1979.
5. Grebenkin , M. F. , A. V. Ivashchenko, and , "Liquid-Crystal Materials,", 1981 .
6. Nakagaki, , M. and W. Heller, "Anisotropic light scattering by flexible macromolecules," J. of Polymer Sci., Vol. 38, 117-131, 1959. doi:10.1002/pol.1959.1203813311
7. Eskin, , V. E., Light Scattering by Polymer Solutions and Macromolecule Properties, , Nauka, Leningrad, Russia, USA, 1986.
8. Gershman, , B. N., L. M. Eruxhimov, and Y. Y. Iashin, Wavy Phenomena in the Ionosphere and Cosmic Plasma, Nauka, Moscow, Russia, , 1984.
9. Gribova, E. Z. and A. I. Saichev, "Ray diffusion in medium with randomly prolate irregularities," Acoustic Journal, , Vol. 29, No. 6, 1050-1058, 1993.
10. Gavrilenko, , V. G., A. V. Aistov, and G. V. Jandieri, "Some peculiarities of wave multiple scattering in a statistically anisotropic medium," Waves Random Media, Vol. 10, 435-445, 2000. doi:10.1088/0959-7174/10/4/303
11. Jandieri, , G. V., , V. G. Gavrilenko, A. V. Sarokin and V. G. Jandieri, "Some properties of the angular power distribution of electromagnetic waves multiply scattered in a collisional magnetized turbulent plasma," Plasma Physics Report, Vol. 31, 604-615, 2005.
12. Gavrilenko, , V. G., G. V. Jandieri, A. Ishimaru, and V. G. Jandieri, "Peculiarities of spatial spectrum of scattered electromagnetic waves in anisotropic inhomogeneous medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 191-208, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08032503
13. Jandieri, , G. V., A. Ishimaru, V. G. Jandieri, A. G. Khantadze, and Z. M. Diasamidze, "Model computations of angular power spectra for anisotropic absorptive turbulent magnetized plasma," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 307-328, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07013103
14. Jandieri, , G. V., A. Ishimaru, N. N. Zhukova, T. N. Bzhalava, and M. R. Diasamidze, "On the influence of fluctuations of the direction of an external magnetic field an phase and amplitude correlation functions of scattered radiation by magnetized plasma slab," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 121-143, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10051402
15. Jandieri, , G. V., A. Ishimaru, and V. G. Jandieri, "Depolarization effects of incoherently scattered electromagnetic waves by inhomogeneous magnetized plasma slab," Journal of Electromagnetic Analysis and Application, Vol. 3, 471-478, 2011. doi:10.4236/jemaa.2011.311075
16. Jandieri, , G. V., A. Ishimaru, N. F. Mchedlishvili, and I. G. Takidze, "Spatial power spectrum of multiple scattered ordinary and extraordinary waves in magnetized plasma with electron density fluctuations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 25, 87-100, 2012.
17. Ginzburg, , V. L., "Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasma," Gordon and Beach, 1961.
18. Chen, A. A. and G. S. Kent, "Determination of the orientation of ionospheric irregularities causing scintillation of signals from earth satellites," Journal of Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physics, Vol. 34, 1411-1414, 1972. doi:10.1016/0021-9169(72)90197-3
19. Shkarofsky, I. P., , "Generalized turbulence space-correlation and wave-number spectrum-function pairs," Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 46, 2133-2153, 1968. doi:10.1139/p68-562
20. Gailit, T. A., V. D. Gusev, L. M. Erukhimov, and P. I. Shpiro, "On spectrum of phase fluctuations at ionospheric remote sensing," Radiophysics, Vol. 26, No. 7, 795-800, 1983.
21. Bakhmet'eva, , N. V., V. N. Bubukina, Yu. A. Ignat'ev, G. S. Bochkarev, V. A. Eremenko, V. V. Kol'sov, I. V. Krasheninnikov, and Y. N. Cherkashin, "Investigation by backscatter radar irregularities produced in ionospheric plasma heating experiments," Journal of Atmospheric and Terrestrial Physics, Vol. 59, No. 18, 2257-2263, 1997. doi:10.1016/S1364-6826(96)00120-4
22. Felsen, L. B. and N. Marcuvitz, Radiation and Scattering of Waves, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, USA, 1973.