In this work, we give a theoretical demonstration of the possibility to realize a photonic demultiplexer. The demultiplexer consists of Y-shaped waveguides with one input line and two output lines. We consider a demultiplexer composed of a segment and two asymmetric resonators, grafted at the same position in each channel. This system creates the resonance modes that have a maximum transmission rate and low Q quality factors. To improve these results, we take each output line consisting of a periodicity of segments and grafted at its extremities by a single resonator. Such a system creates passbands separated by band gaps. On the other hand, the presence of a resonator defect in the middle of each output line allows us to create defect modes inside the gaps. The results show that our proposed demultiplexer system manages to separate two incoming mixed signals of frequencies f1 = 204.75 MHz and f2 = 208.75 MHz and guide each one of them into two different channels.
2. Ben-ali, Y., I. El Kadmiri, Z. Tahri, and D. Bria, "Defects modes in one-dimensional photonic filter star waveguide structure," Materials Today: Proceeding, Vol. 27, 3042-3050, 2020.
3. Keshavarz, S., A. Abdipour, A. Mohammadi, and R. Keshavarz, "Design and implementation of low loss and compact microstrip triplexer using CSRR loaded coupled lines," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 111, 152913-152913, 2019.
4. Tan, W., Y. Sun, Z. G. Wang, and H. Chen, "Propagation of photons in metallic chain through side-branch resonators," Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 44, 335101-335106, 2011.
5. Tan, W., Z. G. Wang, and H. Chen, "Complete tunning of light through mu-negative media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 8, 27-37, 2009.
6. Cocoletzi, G., H. L. Dobrzynski, B. Djafari-Rouhani, H. Al-Wahsh, and D. Bria, "Electromagnetic wave propagation in quasi-one-dimensional comb-like structures made up of dissipative negative-phase-velocity materials," Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, J. Phys, Condens. Matter, Vol. 18, 3683-3690, 2006.
7. Yin, C. P. and H. Z. Wang, "Narrow transmission bands of quasi-1D comb-like photonic waveguides containing negative index materials," Physics Letters. A, Vol. 373, 1093-1096, 2009.
8. Weng, Y., Z. G. Wang, and H. Chen, "Band structure of comb-like photonic crystals containing metamaterial," Optics Communications, Vol. 277, 80-83, 2007.
9. Zhang, L., Z. Wang, H. Chen, H. Li, and Y. Zhang, "Experimental study of quasi-one-dimensional comb- like photonic crystals containing left-handed material," Optics communications, Vol. 281, 3681-3685, 2008.
10. Keshavarz, S. and N. Nozhat, "Dual-band Wilkinson power divider based on composite right/left-handed transmission lines," 2016 13th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON), 1-4, 2016.
11. Ghoumid, K., A. Ghadban, S. Boukricha, E. M. Arreyouchi, R. Yahiaoui, S. Mekaoui, and M. Raschetti, "Spectral coded phase bipolar OCDMA technological implementation thanks to low index modulation filters," Telecommunication Systems, Vol. 73, 433-441, 2020.
12. Studenkov, P. V., M. R. Gokhale, W. Lin, I. Glesk, P. R. Prucnal, and S. R. Forrest, "Monolithic integration of an all-optical Mach-Zehnderdemultiplexer using an asymmetric twin-waveguide structure," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 13, 600-602, 2011.
13. Ghoumid, K., B. E. Benkelfat, R. Ferriere, and T. Gharbi, "Wavelength-selective Ti:LiNbO3 multiple Y-branch coupler based on focused ion beam milled bragg reflectors," Journal of lightwave technology, Vol. 29, 3536-3541, 2011.
14. Fukazawa, T., F. Ohno, and T. Baba, "Very compact arrayed-waveguide-grating demultiplexer using Si photonic wire waveguides," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 43, L673-L677, 2004.
15. Ghorbanpour, H. and S. Makouei, "2-channel all optical demultiplexer based on photonic crystal ring resonator," Frontiers of Optoelectronics, Vol. 6, 224-227, 2013.
16. Rostami, A., H. Alipour Banaei, F. Nazari, and A. Bahrami, "An ultra compact photonic crystal wavelength division demultiplexer using resonance cavities in a modified Y-branch structure," Optik, Vol. 122, 1481-1485, 2010.
17. Alipour-Banaei, H., S. Serajmohammadi, and F. Mehdizadeh, "Optical wavelength demultiplexer based on photonic crystal ring resonators," Photonic Network Communications, Vol. 29, 146-150, 2014.
18. Azzazi, A. and M. A. Swillam, "Nanoscale highly selective plasmonic quad wavelength demultiplexer based on a metal-insulator-metal," Optics Communications, Vol. 344, 106-112, 2015.
19. Khani, S., M. Danaie, and P. Rezaei, "Double and triple-wavelength plasmonicdemultiplexers based on improved circular nanodisk resonators," Optical Engineering, Vol. 57, 107102-107112, 2018.
20. Xie, Y. Y., C. He, J. C. Li, T. T. Song, Z. D. Zhang, and Q. R. Mao, "Theoretical investigation of a plasmonic demultiplexer in MIM waveguide crossing with multiple side-coupled hexagonal resonators," IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 8, 84802512-84802520, 2016.
21. Mouadili, A., E. H. El Boudouti, and B. Djafari-Rouhani, "Acoustic demultiplexer based on Fano and induced transparency resonances in slender tubes," European Physical Journal --- Applied Physics, Vol. 20, 1-8, 2020.
22. Ben-ali, Y., Z. Tahri, F. Falyouni, and D. Bria, "Study about a filter using a resonator defect in a one- dimensional photonic comb containing a left-hand material," ICEERE, Vol. 519, 146-156, 2018.
23. Ben-ali, Y., Z. Tahri, A. Ouariach, and D. Bria, "Double frequency filtering by photonic comb-like," 2018 International Symposium on Advanced Electrical and Communication Technologies (ISAECT), 2019.
24. Ben-Ali, Y., Z. Tahri, and D. Bria, "Electromagnetic filters based on a single negative photonic comb-like structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 41-56, 2019.
25. Ben-ali, Y., A. Ghadban, Z. Tahri, K. Ghoumid, and D. Bria, "Accordable filters by defect modes in single and double negative star waveguides grafted dedicated to electromagnetic communications applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 34, 1-20, 2020.
26. Dolorzynski, L., A. Akjouj, B. Djafari-Rouhani, J. O. Vasseur, and J. Zemmouri, "Giant gaps in photonic band structures," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 57, 9388-9391, 1998.
27. Djafari Rouhani, B., J. O. Vasseur, A. Akjouj, L. Dobrzynski, M. S. Kushwaha, P. Deymier, and J. Zemmouri, "Giant stop bands and defect modes in one-dimensional waveguide with dangling side branches," Progress in Surface Science, Vol. 59, 255-264, 1998.
28. Djafari-Rouhani, B., E. H. El Boudouti, A. Akjouj, L. Dobrzynski, J. O. Vasseur, A. Mir, N. Fettouhi, and J. Zemmouri, "Surface states in one-dimensional photonic band gap structures," Vacuum, Vol. 63, 177-183, 2001.
29. Vasseur, J. O., P. A. Deymier, L. Dolorzynski, B. Djafari-Rouhani, and A. F. Akjouj, "Defect modes in one-dimensional comblike photonic waveguides," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 59, 13446-13452, 1999.
30. Mouadili, A., E. H. El Boudouti, A. Soltani, A. Talbi, K. Haddadi, A. Akjouj, and B. Djafari-Rouhani, "Photonic demultiplexer based on electromagnetically induced transparency resonances," Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 52, 075101-075125, 2018.
31. El Kadmiri, I., Y. Ben-Ali, A. Khaled, and D. Bria, "Y-shaped branch structure using asymmetric resonators for phononic demultiplexing," Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 27, 3033-3041, 2020.
32. Mouadili, A., E. H. El Boudouti, and B. Djafari-Rouhani, "Acoustic demultiplexer based on Fano and induced transparency resonances in slender tube," European Physical Journal --- Applied Physics, Vol. 90, 1-8, 2020.
33. Borgese, L., M. Salmistraro, A. Gianoncelli, A. Zacco, R. Lucchini, N. Zimmerman, and E. Bontempi, "Airborne particulate matter (PM) filter analysis and modeling by total reflection X-ray fluorescence (TXRF) and X-ray standing wave (XSW)," Talanta, Vol. 27, R713-R715, 2011.
34. Soltani, A., T. Probst, S. F. Busch, M. Schwerdtfeger, E. Castro-Camus, and M. Koch, "Error from delay drift in terahertz attenuated total reflection spectroscopy," Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, Vol. 35, 468-477, 2014.
35. Hands, J. R., K. M. Dorling, P. Abel, K. M. Ashton, A. Brodbelt, C. Davis, and M. J. Baker, "Attenuated total reflection Fourier transform infrared (ATR-FTIR) spectral discrimination of brain tumour severity from serum samples," Journal of biophotonics, Vol. 7, 189-199, 2014.
36. Anderson, N. R. and R. E. Camley, "Attenuated total reflection study of bulk and surface polaritons in antiferromagnets and hexagonal ferrites: Propagation at arbitrary angles," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 113, 013904-013917, 2013.
37. Ouchani, N., D. Bria, B. Djafari-Rouhani, and A. Nougaoui, "Transverse-electric/transverse-magnetic polarization converter using 1D finite biaxial photonic crystal," JOSA A, Vol. 24, 2710-2718, 2007.
38. Tayebi, B., J. H. Han, F. Sharif, M. R. Jafarfard, and D. Y. Kim, "Compact single-shot four-wavelength quantitative phase microscopy with polarization- and frequency-division demultiplexing," Optics Express, Vol. 25, 20172-20182, 2017.
39. Garcia, R. C., J. O. Pinto, W. I. Suemitsu, and J. O. Soares, "Improved demultiplexing algorithm for hardware simplification of sensored vector control through frequency-domain multiplexing," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, 6538-6548, 2017.