This paper presents a new design of a compact patch antenna based on the slot matching concept. Switches are integrated with the previously inserted slots into the patch antenna to enhance the performance. The newly designed antenna is a multi-wideband antenna. It is able to achieve a return loss less than -9.54 dB and VSWR≤2 in more than four frequency bands in the range from 2 to 5GHz
2. Wong, K., Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antenna, A Wiley-Inter Science Publication Jone Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002.
3. Balanies, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis & Design, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1997.
4. Singhal, P. K., B. Dhaniram, and S. Bannerjee, "A stacked square patch slotted broadband microstrip antenna," Journal of Microwaves and Optoelectronics, Vol. 3, No. 2, 60-66, August 2003.
5. Abbaspour, M. and H. R. Hassani, "Wideband star-shaped microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 61-68, 2008.
6. Kuo, J. S. and K. L. Wong, "A compact microstrip antenna with meandering slots in the ground plane," Microwave & Opt. Tech. Letter, Vol. 29, 95-97, April 20, 2001.
7. Eldek, A. A., A. Z. Elsherbeni, and C. E. Smith, "Characteristics of BOW-TIE slot antenna with tapered tuning stubs for wideband operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 49, 53-69, 2004.
8. Ang, B. K. and B. K. Chung, "Progress In Electromagnetics Research antenna for 5-6 GHz wireless communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 397-407, 2007.
9. Waterhouse, R. B., "Broadband stacked shorted patch," Electronic Letters, Vol. 35, 98-100, January 21, 1999.
10. Ge, Y., K. P. Esselle, and T. S. Bird, "A broadband E-shaped patch antenna with a microstrip compatible feed,", Vol. 42, No. 2, 111-112, July 20, 2004.
11. Wong, K. L. and Y. F. Lin, "Microstrip-line-fed compact broadband circular microstrip antenna with chip resistor loading," Microwave Opt. Techno. Lett., Vol. 17, 53-55, January 1998.
12. Gandara, T., R. Urban, L. Fregoli, and C. Peixeiro, "Planar inverted-F antennas integrated into small multi-standard hand-sets," Automatika, Portugal, ATKAAF, Vol. 48, No. 1–2, 45-52, 2007.
13. Amari, H., "Penta band antenna based on slot matching," Project at Laird Technologies, KTH, France, March 2007.
14. Sheta, A. F., A. Mohra, and S. F. Mahmoud, "Multi-band operation of compact H-shaped microstrip patch antenna," Microwave Opt. Technol. Letter, Vol. 35, No. 5, 363-367, December 2002.
15. Sheta, A. F., A. Mohra, and S. F. Mahmoud, "Modified compact H-shaped microstrip antenna for tuning multi-band operation," 25th National Radio Science Conference (NRSC2008), Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt, March 18-20, 2008.
16. Chiou, T. and K. Wong, "Designs of compact microstrip antennas with a slotted ground plane," IEEE Antennas Propagat. Symp., Vol. 2, 732-735, Boston, USA, July 7–13, 2001.
17. Ollikainen, J., O. Kiveks, A. Toropainen, and P. Vainikainen, "Internal dual band patch antenna for mobile phones," Proceedings of the AP 200, Millennium Conference on Antennas Propagat., Davos, Switzerland, April 9-14, 2000.
18. Polivka, M., M. Drahovzal, J. Rohan, and P. Hazdra, "Multiband patch antenna with perturbation elements generated by genetic algorithm," Proceedings of the "Eu CAP 2006", Nice, France, November 6-10, 2006 (EAS SP-626, October 2006).
19. IE3D Software Release 14 developed by Zeland Software, Inc., 2008.
20. Alayesh, M. A., "Analysis and design of reconfigurable multi-band stacked microstrip patch antennas (MSAs) for wireless applications," M.Sc. Thesis at University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, December 2007.
21. Gupta, V. R. and N. Gupta, "Gain and bandwidth enhancement in compact microstrip antenna," A project for Euro-Asian Network for Strengthening Graduate Education and Research in Wireless Communication.