Holography is a technique employed to make three dimensional images using electromagnetic waves. Holographic interferometry is one of the most important applications of holography. It is concerned with the formation and interpretation of fringe patterns, which appears when a wave generated at some earlier time and stored in a hologram is later reconstructed by interfering with comparison wave. We report a technique, which uses double exposure holographic interferometry together with simple mathematical interpretation, which allows immediate finding of stress, mass, fringe width and thickness of thin film. We tested different normalities of solutions. It is observed that increase in deposition time increases thickness and mass of thin film but decreases stress to substrate. The thin films are prepared using electrodeposition technique. The structural, optical and surface wettability properties of the deposited films have been studied using X-ray diffraction (XRD), optical absorption and contact angle measurement, respectively.
1. Gurevich, S. B. and V. B. Konstantinov, "Real-time holographic interferometry in a physical experiment," J. Opt. Technol., Vol. 63, No. 10, 725, 1996.
2. Pawar, S. J., P. P. Chikode, V. J. Fulari, and M. B. Dongare, "Studies on electrodeposited silver selenide thin film by double exposure holographic interferometry," Mater. Sci. Eng. B, Vol. 137, 232, 2007. doi:10.1016/j.mseb.2006.11.026
3. Chen, W. S., J. M. Stewart, and R. A. Mickelsen, "Chemical deposition and characterization of Cu3Se2 and CuSe thin silms," Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 46, 1095, 1985. doi:10.1063/1.95773
4. Neyvasagam, K., N. Soundararajan, Ajaysoni, G. S. Okram, and V. Ganesan, "Low-temperature electrical resistivity of cupric telluride (CuTe) thin films," Physica Status Solidi (b), Vol. 245, 77, 2007.
5. Okimura, H., T. Matsumae, and R. Makabe, "Electrical properties of Cu2-xSe thin films and their application for solar cells," Thin Solid Films, Vol. 71, 53, 1980. doi:10.1016/0040-6090(80)90183-2
6. Korzhuev, M. A., "Dufour effect in superionic copper selenide," Phys. Solid State, Vol. 40, 217, 1998. doi:10.1134/1.1130276
7. Fonash, S. J., Solar Cells Device Physics, 78, Academic Press, San Diego, 1981.
8. Pathan, H. M. and C. D. Lokhande, "Deposition of metal chalcogende thin films by successive ionic layer absorption and reaction (SILAR) method," Bull. Mater. Sci., Vol. 27, 85, 2004. doi:10.1007/BF02708491
9. Collier, R. J., C. B. Burckhardt, and L. H. Lin, Optical Holography, Academic, New York, 1971.
10. Prabhune, V. B., N. S. Shinde, and V. J. Fulari, "Studies on electrodeposited silver sulphide thin films by double exposure electrodeposited silver sulphide thin films by double exposure holographic interferometry," Appl. Surf. Sci., Vol. 255, 1819, 2008.
11. Chikode, P. P., S. J. Pawar, V. J. Fulari, and M. B. Dongare, "Study of diffusion process in sucrose solution by using double exposure holographic interferometry (DEHI)," J. Opt., Vol. 36, 157, 2007. doi:10.1016/S0040-6090(96)09599-5
12. Dongare, M. B., V. J. Fulari, and H. R. Kulkarni, "Monitaring the deposition of Cu thin film using the double exposure holographic interferometry technique," Thin Solid Films, Vol. 301, 62, 1997.
13. Pawar, S. J., P. P. Chikode, V. J. Fulari, and M. B. Dongare, "Studies on electrodeposited silver selenide thin film by double explosure holographic interferometry," Material Science and Engineering, Vol. B37, 232, 2007.
14. JCPDS data file No. 22-0252, .
15. Pathan, H. M., C. D. Lokhande, D. P. Amalnerkar, and T. Seth, "Preparation and characterization of copper telluride thin films by modified chemical bath deposition (M-CBD) method," Applied Surface Science, Vol. 218, 290, 2003. doi:10.1016/j.electacta.2004.10.075
16. Mane, R. S., S. J. Roh, O.-S. Joo, C. D. Lokhande, and S.-H. Han, "Co-sensitization effect of CdS/CdSe on the quantumdots sensitized solar cells," Electrochmi. Acta, Vol. 50, 2453, 2005.