In this paper, we present a new dual band planar antenna. The proposed antenna consists of a microstrip patch with a U-shaped slot that is fed by a broadband electromagnetic coupling probe, known as L-probe. Radiation characteristics of the antenna and different methods for control of the resonant frequencies are investigated.
2. Wong, K. L., Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2002.
3. Lu, J. H., "Single-feed dual-frequency rectangular microstrip antenna with pair of step-slots ," Electronics Letters, Vol. 35, 354-355, 1999.
4. Bhalla, R. and L. Shafai, Broadband patch antenna with a circular arc shaped slot, IEEE AP-S Int. Symposium, Vol. 1, 394-397, 2002.
5. Bhalla, R. and L. Shafai, "Resonance behavior of single U-slot microstrip patch antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 32, 333-335, 2002.
6. Tada, S., R. Chayono, Y. Shinohe, Y. Kimura, and M. Haneishi, "Radiation properties of modified fractal microstrip antennas," IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 89, 1519-1531, 2006.
7. Edwards, T. C., Foundations for Microstrip Circuit Design, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1983.
8. Lu, J. H. and K. L. Wong, "Dual-frequency rectangular microstrip antenna with embedded spur lines and integrated reactive loading ," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 21, 272-275, 1999.