Abstract－This work presents a novel broadband monopole antenna for digital video broadcasting-terrestrial (DVB-T) application. The proposed antenna consists of a multiple-ring radiating patch and a sleeve-shaped ground plane. The multiple-ring monopole is used to realize the antenna height reduction at a fixed operating frequency. It shows a wide operating 2.5:1 VSWR bandwidth of 408 MHz achieved by using an impedance-matching technique. The technique applies cutting a notch at the ground plane opposite to the microstrip line and adjusting the height of the sleeve-shaped ground. The proposed antenna can operate in the 463-871 MHz frequency range and cover the DVB-T operating bandwidth (470-862 MHz). The radiation pattern of the proposed antenna in the xy-plane is omni-directional with a peak antenna gain of 4.2 dBi.
2. Su, C. M., L. C. Chou, C. I. Lin, and K. L. Wong, "Internal DTV receiving antenna for laptop application," Microwave Optical Technol. Let., Vol. 44, 4-6, 2005.
3. Li, W. Y., K.L. Wong, and S.W. Su, "Broadband integrated DTV antenna for USB dongle application," Microwave Optical Technol. Let., Vol. 49, 1018-1021, 2007.
4. Su, S. W. and F. S. Chang, "Wideband rod-dipole antenna with a modified feed for DTV signal reception," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 12, 127-132, 2009.
5. Huang, C. Y. and W. C. Hsia, "Planar elliptical antenna for ultra-wideband communications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 37, 934-936, 2005.
6. Shen, Z. and R. H. MacPhie, "Theoretical modeling of multi-sleeve monopole antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 31, 31-54, 2001.
7. Moon, J. I., S. O. Park, and K. Y. Park, "Broadband sleeve monopole type antenna for dual-band PCS/IMT-2000," Electron. Lett., Vol. 39, 1829-1930, 2000.
8. Dong, T. and Y. Chen, "Novel design of ultra-wideband printed double-sleeve monopole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 9, 165-173, 2009.
9. Liang, J., C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Printed circular ring monopole antennas," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 45, 372-375, 2005.
10. http://www.ansoft.com/products/hf/hfss/, Ansoft Corporation HFSS,.