The moment method technique has been improved to investigate the scattering properties of high Tc Superconducting circular antennas with anisotropic substrate in multi-layered configuration. In this method, the electric field integral equation for a current element on a grounded dielectric slab of infinite extent was developed by basis functions involving Chebyshev polynomials. An improved analytical model is presented taking into account anisotropic substrate, superconducting material for the circular patch and multilayered structure. To validate the theoretical results, an experimental study has been performed for a perfectly conducting circular patch on a single layer, with and without air gap. Good agreements were obtained between our theory and measurements. Effects of temperature and thickness of a superconducting film are also reported and discussed. The performances of high Tc superconducting circular antennas were improved by the use of uniaxial anisotropy substrate and multilayer configuration.
2. Nisenoff, M. and J. Pond, "Superconductors and microwaves," Microwave Magazine, 10.1109/MMM.2009.932077, 2009.
3. Kumar, G., Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Artech House, Boston, London, 2003, ISBN: 1-58053-244-6.
4. Losada, V., R. R. Boix, and M. Horno, "Resonant modes of circular micristrip patches in multilayered substrates," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 10, 488-498, 2000.
5. Bouttout, F., F. Benabdelaziz, A. Benghalia, D. Khedrouche, and T. Fortaki, "Uniaxialy anisotropic substrate effects on resonance of rectangular microstrip patch antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 35, No. 4, 255-256, 1999.
6. Barkat, O. and A. Benghalia, "Synthesis of superconducting circular antennas placed on circular array using a particle swarm optimisation and the full-wave method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 103-119, 2010.
7. Pozar, D. M., "Considerations for millimeter wave printed antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 31, 740-747, 1983.
8. Hansen, R. C., Electrically Small, Superdirective, and Superconducting Antennas, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2006.
9. Chebbara, F., S. Benkouda, and T. Fortaki, "Fourier transform domain analysis of high Tc superconducting rectangular microstrip patch over ground plane with rectangular aperture," Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, Vol. 31, No. 881-832, Springer, 2010.
10. Benmeddour, F., F. Benabdelaziz, F. Bouttout, and N. Aouabdia, "Resonance characteristics of circular microstrip antennas using moment method and various current representations," First International Symposium on Control, Communications and Signal Processing, 10.1109/ISCCSP.2004.1296296, 339-342, 2004.
11. Chew, W. C. and J. A. Kong, "Resonance of non axial symmetric modes in circular micro strip disk," Mathematical Physics, Vol. 21, No. 10, 2590-2598, 1980.
12. Nghiem, D., J. T. Williams, and D. R. Jackson, "A general analysis of propagation along multiple-layer superconducting stripline and microstrip transmission lines," IEEE Transactions Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 39, No. 9, 1553-1565, 1991.
13. Richard, M. A., K. B. Bhasin, and P. C. Claspy, "Superconducting microstrip antennas: An experimental comparison of two feeding methods," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 41, No. 7, 967-974, 1993.
14. How, H., R. G. Seed, C. Vittoria, D. B. Chrisey, J. S. Horwitz, C. Carosella, and V. Folen, "Microwave characteristics of high Tc superconducting coplanar waveguide resonator," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 40, No. 8, 1668-1673, 1992.
15. Lee, K. F., K. Yho, and J. S. Dahel, "Circular-disk microstrip antenna with an air gap," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 32, No. 8, 1984.
16. Guha, D., "Resonant frequency of circular microstrip antennas with and without air gaps," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 1, 2001.
17. Gürel, Ç. S., E. Aydın, and E. Yazgan, "Computation and optimisation of resonant frequency and input impedance of coax-fed circular patch microstrip antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, No. 9, 2007.
18. Dahel, J. S. and K. F. Lee, "Theory and experiment on microstrip antenna with air-gap," IEEE Proceeding, Vol. 132, No. 7, 455-460, 1985.
19. Fortaki, T., S. Benkouda, M. Amir, and A. Benghalia, "Air gap tuning effect on the resonant frequency and half-power bandwidth of superconducting microstrip patch," PIERS Online, Vol. 5, No. 4, 350-354, 2009.