Research on digital modeling and realization of non-correlation measurement frame for compressive sensing (CS) is conducted aiming at applying CS to imaging radar. FPGA based Analogue-to-Information Converter (AIC) is proposed and implemented. Real measurement data from AIC hardware platform and simulation data from AIC software platform are compressed to get range profiles, and the results agree well with what expected. The results show that the noise and synchronization error in real system deteriorate the performance of AIC thus CS remarkably.
2. Tsaig, Y. and D. L. Donoho, "Extensions of compressed sensing," Signal Processing, Vol. 86, No. 3, 549-571, 2006.
3. Candes, E. J., J. Romberg, and T. Tao, "Robust uncertainty principles: Exact signal reconstruction from highly incomplete frequency information," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 52, No. 2, 489-509, 2006.
4. Baraniuk, R. and P. Steeghs, Compressive radar imaging, IEEE Radar Conference, 128-133, Boston, MA, USA, Apr. 17-20, 2007.
5. Herman, M. and T. Strohmer, Compressed sensing radar, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, 1509-1512, Las Vegas, NV, Mar. 30-Apr. 4, 2008.
6. Herman, M. A. and T. Strohmer, "High-resolution radar via compressed sensing," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 57, No. 6, 2275-2284, 2009.
7. Tello, M., P. Lopez-Dekker, and J. J. Mallorqui, "A novel strategy for radar imaging based on compressive sensing," IGARSS (IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium), II-213-II-216, 2008.
8. Patel, V. M., G. R. Easley, D. M. Healy, and R. Chellappa, "Compressed synthetic aperture radar," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Vol. 4, No. 2, 244-254, 2009.
9. Ender, J. H. G., "On compressive sensing applied to radar," Signal Processing, Vol. 90, 1402-1414, 2010.
10. Gurbuz, A. C., J. H. McClellan, and W. R. Scott, "A compressive sensing data acquisition and imaging method for stepped frequency GPRs," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 57, No. 7, 2640-2650, 2009.
11. Yoon, Y. S. and M. G. Amin, "Compressed sensing technique for high-resolution radar imaging," Proceedings of the SPIE (the International Society for Optical Engineering), Vol. 6968, 69681A-69681A-10, 2008.
12. Yoon, Y.-S. and M. G. Amin, "Imaging of behind the wall targets using wideband beamforming with compressive sensing," IEEE/SP 15th Workshop on Statistical Signal Processing, 93-96, 2009.
13. Huang, Q., L. Qu, B. Wu, and G. Fang, "UWB through-wall imaging based on compressive sensing," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 48, No. 3, 1408-1415, 2009.
14. Subotic, N. S., B. Thelen, K. Cooper, W. Buller, J. Parker, J. Browning, and H. Beyer, "Distributed RADAR waveform design based on compressive sensing considerations," Radar Conference, 1-6, 2008.
15. Yu, Y., A. P. Petropulu, and H. V. Poor, "Compressive sensing for MIMO radar," ICASSP (IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing), 3017-3020, 2009.
16. Xie, X. and Y. Zhang, "High-resolution imaging of a moving train by ground-based radar with compressive sensing," Electronic Letters, Vol. 46, No. 7, 529-531, Apr. 1, 2010.
17. Shi, G. M., et al., "UWB echo signal detection with ultra-low rate sampling based on compressed sensing," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II --- Express Briefs, Vol. 55, No. 4, 379-383, 2008.
18. Jouny, I., "Compressed sensing for UWB radar target signature reconstruction," Digital Signal Processing Workshop and 5th IEEE Signal Processing Education Workshop, 714-719, Marco Island, FL, USA, Jan. 4-7, 2009.
19. Zhang, L., et al., "Achieving higher resolution ISAR imaging with limited pulses via compressed sampling," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 6, No. 3, 567-571, 2009.
20. Kirolos, S., T. Ragheb, J. Laska, M. E. Duarte, Y. Massoud, and R. G. Baraniuk, "Practical issues in implementing analog-to-information converters," The 6th International Workshop on System-on-Chip for Real-Time Applications, 141-146, 2006.
21. Kirolos, S., J. Laska, M. Wakin, M. Duarte, D. Baron, T. Ragheb, Y. Massoud, and R. Baraniuk, "Analog-to-information conversion via random demodulation," IEEE Dallas/CAS Workshop on Design, Applications, Integration and Software, 71-74, 2006.
22. Laska, J. N., S. Kirolos, M. F. Duarte, T. S. Ragheb, R. G. Baraniuk, and Y. Massoud, "Theory and implementation of an analog-to-information converter using random demodulation," IEEE Int. Symp. on Circuits and Systems, Vol. 1959, No. 1962, New Orleans, LA, USA, May 2007.
23. Fudge, G. L., R. E. Bland, M. A. Chivers, S. Ravindran, J. Haupt, and P. E. Pace, "A Nyquist folding analog-to-information receiver," 42nd Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 541-545, 2008.
24. Shanley, T. and D. Anderson, PCI System Architecture, 4th Ed., MindShare Inc., Toronto, 1999.
25. Xie, X. and Y. Zhang, "2D radar imaging scheme based on compressive sensing technique," Journal of Electronics & Information Technology, Vol. 5, No. 32, 1234-1238, 2010.