This paper presents the field trial measurement data of WiMAX base station; it includes the system coverage, signal strength and available transmission rate. Data consisting of real time images, VoIP internet telephone are transmitted through Skype software by using WiMAX, HSDPA (3.5G) and EDGE (2G) transmission techniques, and these data are connected to centrally equipped wireless monitoring servers to perform data monitoring and analysis. Finally, we make comparisons, analysis and discussions of these three transmission techniques from the measured and characterized data.
2. IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless Access Working Group, , "IEEE Standard for local and metropolitan area networks, part 16: Air interface for broadband wireless access systems, amendment 3: Advanced air interface," IEEE Std 802.16mTM, , 2011.
3. Yaghoobi, H., , "Scalable OFDMA physical layer in IEEE 802.16 wireless MAN," Intel Intel Technology Journal, Communications Group, Intel Corporation, , Vol. 8, No. 3, , 2004.
4. IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless Access Working Group, IEEE 802.16m evaluation methodology document (EMD),, 2009.
5. Hoymann, , C., , "Analysis and performance evaluation of the OFDM-based metropolitan area network IEEE 802.16," The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking,, Vol. 49, , 341-363, 2005.
6. Erceg, V., , K. V. S. Hari, M. S. Smith, D. S. Baum, and P. Soma, "Channel models for fixed wireless applications," IEEE 802.16 Broadband Wireless Access Working Group, C802.16.3c-01/29r4, 2003.
7. Andreas, , F. M. , H. Asplund, R. Heddergott, M. Steinbauer, and T. Zwick, "The COST259 directional channel model - I: Overview and methodology," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications,, Vol. 5, , 3421-3433, 2006.
8. Steinbauer, , M., , A. F. Molisch, and E. Bonek, , "The double-directional radio channel," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 51-63, 2001.
9. Foschini, , G. J., M. J. Gans, and , "On limits of wireless communications in a fading environment when using multiple antennas," Wireless Personal Communications, ,", Vol. 6, 311-335, 1998.
10. Lee, Y.-H., Y.-G. Jan, L. Wang, Q. Chen, Q. W. Yuan, and K. Sawaya, , "Using hopping technique for interference mitigation in modulated scattering array antenna system," IEICE Electronics Express,, Vol. 7, No. 12, 839-843, 2010.
doi:(SCI, EI, Engineering)
11. Lee, , Y.-H., Y.-G.Jan, H. Huang, Q. Chen, Q. W. Yuan, and K. Sawaya, "Using LDPC coding and AMC to mitigate received power imbalance in carrier aggregation communication system, ," IEICE Electronics Express, , Vol. 8, No. 8, 618-622, , 2011.
12. Stallings, , W., , Wireless Communications and Networks, , Prentice-Hall, , 2002.
13. COST Action 231, , Digital Mobile Radio Towards Future Generation Systems, Final Report,, Tech., Rep., , European Communities, EUR 18957, , 1999.
14. Rel.9 3GPP TR 36.814 , "Further advancements for E-UTRA physical layer aspects,", 2010.