Multi-band microwave filters are important for multifunctional and miniaturization requirement of portable communication equipment. In this paper, tri-section split ring stepped-impedance resonator is analyzed, and new compact dual-band and tri-band bandpass filters are proposed by using split ring stepped-impedance resonators, and the designs are demonstrated by measurement. The new dual-band filters operate at about 2.4 and 5.5 GHz which meet IEEE 802.11 application requirements, and the new tri-band filters operate at about 2.4-2.6, 3.3-3.6 and 5.2-5.6 GHz, and filter sizes are greatly reduced compared with relative reports. The designed filters have advantages of compact and miniature structures, low passband insertion losses and good frequency selectivity, all these have prospect to be applied in wireless communication systems.
3. Lee, , C.-H., , C.-I. G. Hsu, H.-H. Chen, and Y.-S. Lin, , "Balanced single- and dual-band BPFs using ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 116, , 333-346, 2011.
4. Chen, , C.-Y. , C.-C. Lin, and , "The design and fabrication of a highly compact microstrip dual-band bandpass filter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 112, , 299-307, 2011.
5. Yang, , R.-Y., , H. Kuan, C.-Y. Hung, and C.-S. Ye, "Design of dual-band bandpass ¯lters using a dual feeding structure and embedded uniform impedance resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 105, , 93-102, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10042504
6. Sun, X. and E. L. Tan, "A novel dual-band bandpass filter using generalized trisection stepped impedance resonator with improved out-of-band performance," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, , Vol. 21, 31-40, , 2011.
7. Zhou, , L., S. Liu, H. Zhang, X.-K. Kong, and Y.-N. Guo, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter using improved split ring resonators based on stepped impedance resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, , Vol. 23, , 57-63, , 2011.
8. Chu, Q. X. , X. M. Lin, and , "Advanced triple-band bandpass filter using tri-section SIR," Electronics Letters,, Vol. 44, , 295-296, 2008. doi:10.1049/el:20083096
9. Lai, X., , B. Wu, T. Su, and C.-H. Liang, , "A novel tri-band filter using stub-loaded open loop ring resonators," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters , Vol. 52, No. 3, 523-526, , 2010. doi:10.1002/mop.24971
10. Lai, , X., , C.-H. Liang, H. Di, and B. Wu, , "Design of tri-band ¯lter based on stub loaded resonator and DGS resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, , Vol. 20, No. 5, 265-267, 2010.. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2010.2045584
11. Yang, , C.-F., , Y.-C. Chen, C.-Y. Kung, J.-J. Lin, and T.-P. Sun, "Design and fabrication of a compact quad-band bandpass filter using two di®erent parallel positioned resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, , Vol. 115, 159-172, , 2011.
12. Chen, , C.-F., , T.-Y. Huang, and R.-B. Wu, , "Design of dual-and triple-passband filters using alternately cascaded multiband resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 9, , 3550-3558, , 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.880653
13., Makimoto, M. and S. Yamashita, , Microwave Resonators and Filters for Wireless Communication --- Theory, Design and Application, Springer, , New York, , 2001.