Ultra wideband components have been developed using SIW technology. The various newly developed components include a GCPW transition, Y and T-junctions. The GCPW transition covers over 10 GHz bandwidth with less than 0.4 dB insertion loss. The optimized T and Y-junctions have relatively wide bandwidths of greater than 40% that have less than 0.6\,dB insertion loss. The developed transition was utilized to design an X-band eight-way power divider that demonstrated excellent performance over a 4 GHz bandwidth with less than ±4º and ±0.9 dB phase and amplitude imbalance, respectively. Theoretical and experimental results are presented and compared with previously designed SIW power dividers. The developed SIW power divider has a low profile and is particularly suitable for circuits' integration.
2. Yang, Y., C. Zhang, S. Lin, and A. Fathy, "Development of an ultra wideband Vivaldi antenna array," IEEE Ant. and Propag. Soc. Int. Symp., Vol. 1A, 606-609, 2005.
3. Germain, S., D. Deslandes, and K.Wu, "Development of substrate integrated waveguide power dividers," IEEE Canadian Conf. on Elect. and Comp. Eng., 1921-1924, 2003.
4. Hao, Z., W. Hong, J. Chen, and K.Wu, "A novel feeding technique for antipodal linearly tapered slot antenna array," EEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp., 1641-1643, 2005.
5. Yang, S., A. Elsherbini, S. Lin, A. Fathy, A. Kamel, and H. Elhennawy, "A highly efficient Vivaldi antenna array design on thick substrate and fed by SIW structure with integrated GCPW feed," IEEE Ant. and Propag. Int. Symp., 1985-1988, 2007.
6. Wu, K., D. Deslandes, and Y. Cassivi, "The substrate integrated circuits - A new concept for high-frequency electronics and optoelectronics," 6th Int. Conf. Telecomm. in Modern Satellite, Cable and Broadcasting Service (TELSIKS), Vol. 1, III-X, 2003.
7. Yan, L., W. Hong, K. Wu, and T. J. Cui, "Investigations on the propagation characteristics of the substrate integrated waveguide based on the method of lines," IEE Proc. Microwaves, Antennas and Propag., Vol. 152, No. 1, 35-42, 2005.
8. Djerafi, T., N. J. G. Fonseca, and K. Wu, "Design and implementation of a planar 4 × 4 butler matrix in SIW technology for wide band high power applications ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 35, 29-51, 2011.
9. Zheng, B., Z. Zhao, and Y. Lv, "A K-band SIW filter with bypass coupling substrate integrated circular cavity (SICC) to improved stopband performance for satellite communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 17, 95-104, 2010.
10. Qiang, L., Y.-J. Zhao, Q. Sun, W. Zhao, and B. Liu, "A compact UWB HMSIW bandpass filter based on complementary split-ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 11, 237-243, 2009.
11. Han, S., X.-L.Wang, Y. Fan, Z. Yang, and Z. He, "The generalized Chebyshev substrate integrated waveguide diplexer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 73, 29-38, 2007.
12. Zhang, X.-C., Z.-Y. Yu, and J. Xu, "Novel band-pass substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) filter based on complementary split ring resonators (CSRRs)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 39-46, 2007.
13. Che, W., E. K.-N. Yung, K.Wu, and X. Nie, "Design investigation on millimeter-wave ferrite phase shifter in substrate integrated waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 45, 263-275, 2004.
14. Ismail, A., M. S. Razalli, M. A. Mahdi, R. S. A. Raja Abdullah, N. K. Noordin, and M. F. A. Rasid, "X-band trisection substrate-integrated waveguide quasi-elliptic filter," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 85, 133-145, 2008.
15. Deslandes, D. and K. Wu, "Analysis and design of current probe transition from grounded coplanar to substrate integrated rectangular waveguides," IEEE Trans. on MTT, Vol. 53, No. 8, 2487-2499, 2005.
16. Lin, S., S. Yang, A. E. Fathy, and A. Elsherbini, "Development of a novel UWB Vivaldi antenna array using SIW technology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 369-384, 2009.
17. Yang, S., S. H. Suleiman, and A. Fathy, "Low profile multi-layer slotted substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) array antenna with folded feed network for mobile DBS applications," IEEE Ant. and Propag. Soc. Int. Symp., 473-476, 2007.
18. Yang, S. and A. Fathy, "Synthesis of a compound T-junction for a two-way splitter with arbitrary power ratio," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp., 985-988, 2005.
19. Yang, S. and A. Fathy, "Design equations of arbitrary power split ratio waveguide T-junctions using a curve fitting approach," Int. J. of RF and Microw. Computer-Aided Eng., Vol. 19, No. 1, 91-98, 2009.
20. Xu, F. and K. Wu, "Guided-wave and leakage characteristics of substrate integrated waveguides," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 1, 66-73, 2005.