The impact of wireless channel modelling on exposure to electromagnetic radiation is studied. Two methods are developed in order to assess the statistical properties of whole body Specific Absorption Rate for exposure estimation in indoor environment. The body model is exposed to a bundle of waves, named cluster, following the wireless channel modelling approach. The first method is analytical and based on the Uncorrelated Scattering Assumption of the incident waves. The second method is a classical stochastic method. The point is to identify the parameters of Wireless Channel which led to significant SAR's variation.
2. ICNIRP, "Statement on the guidelines for limiting exposure to time-varying electric, magnetic, and electromagnetic fields (up to 300 GHz)," Health Physics, Vol. 97, No. 3, 257-258, Sep. 2009.
3. Martinez-Burdalo, M., A. Martin, A. Sanchis, R. Villar, "FDTD assessment of human exposure to electromagnetic fields from wifi and bluetooth devices in some operating situations," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 30, 142-151, 2009.
4. Saidi, F., D. Lautru, A. Gati, M. F. Wong, E. Nicolas, F. Jacquin, J. Wiart, and V. Fouad-Hanna, "An on-site `SAR' evaluation using interpolation and plane-wave decomposition," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, No. 6, 1501-1505, Jun. 2008.
5. Joseph, W., G. Vermeeren, L. Verloock, and L. Martens, "Estimation of whole-body SAR from electromagnetic fields using a personal exposure meters," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 31, 286-295, 2010.
6. Faraone, A., G. Bit-Babik, and R. Zaridze, "Assessment of human exposure to realistic radio-frequency sources by means of analytical and computational methodologies," Antennas and Propagation EUCAP, 1-8, Nov. 2006.
7. Dlugosz, T. and H. Trzaska, "One experimental setup in bioelectromagnetics," The Environmentalist, Vol. 29, No. 2, 124-129, Jun. 2009.
8. Dlugosz, T. and H. Trzaska, "Proximity effects in the near-field EMF metrology," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 58, No. 3, 626-630, Mar. 2009.
9. Quitin, F., C. Oestges, F. Horlin, and P. De Doncker, "A polarized clustered channel model for indoor MIMO systems at 3.6 GHz," IEEE Trans. Vehic. Tech., 3685-3693, Oct. 2010.
10. Quitin, F., "Channel modeling for polarized MIMO systems,", Ph.D. Dissertation, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 2011.
11. Conil, E. , A. Hadjem, F. Lacroux, M. F. Wong, and J. Wiart, "Variability analysis of SAR from 20MHz to 2.4 GHz for different adult ans child models using finite-difference time-domain," Phys. Med. Biol., Vol. 53, 1511-1525, Feb. 2008.
12. Kientega, T. , E. Conil, A. Hadjem, E. Richalot, A. Gati, M. F. Wong, O. Picon, and J. Wiart, "A surrogate model to assess the whole body SAR induced by multiple plane waves at 2.4 GHz," Ann. Telecommun., Vol. 66, 419-428, May 2011.
13. Gabriel, S., R. W. Lau, and C. Gabriel, "The dielectric properties of biological tissues: III. Parametric models for the dielectric spectrum of tissues," Phys. Med. Biol., 2271-2293, 1996.
14. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Sons, 1989, ISBN 0-471-62194-3.
15. Liu, L., S. van Roy, P. de Doncker, and C. Oestges, "Azimuth radiation pattern characterization of omnidirectional antennas near a human body," Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications, ICEAA'09, International Conference, 461-464, Turino, Italia, Sep. 2009.
16. Akaike, H., "A new look at the statistical model identification," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 19, No. 6, 716-723, 1974.
17. Ross, M. S., Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, Wiley, Jun. 1987.