Two 2-D natural fractal monopoles generated by electro-deposition are characterized in term of measured return loss. Depending on their different shapes, previously reported multi-band behaviour and new ultra-wideband (UWB) characteristics are obtained. Finally, sufficient efficiencies are measured for both antennas proving their possible use as radiating element.
2. Xu, L. and M. Y. W. Chia, "Multi-band characteristics of two fractal antennas," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 23, No. 4, 242-245, Nov. 1999.
3. Werner, D. H., A. R. Bretones, and B. R. Long, "Radiation characteristics of thin-wire ternary fractal trees," IEE Electron. Lett., Vol. 35, No. 8, 609-610, Apr. 1999.
4. Puente, C., J. Romeu, and A. Cardama, "The Koch monopole: A small fractal antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 11, 1773-1781, Nov. 2000.
5. Anguera, J., C. Puente, C. Borja, and J. Soler, "Fractal-shaped antennas: A review," Wiley Encyclopedia of RF and Microwave Engineering, Vol. 2, 1620-1635, 2005.
6. Anguera, J., E. Martinez, C. Puente, C. Borja, and J. Soler, "Broadband dual-frequency microstrip patch antenna with modified Sierpinski fractal geometry," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 1, 66-73, Jan. 2004.
7. Puente, C., J. Claret, F. Sagues, J. Romeu, M. Q. Lopez-Salvans, and R. Pous, "Multi-band properties of a fractal tree antenna generated by electrochemical deposition," EE Electron. Lett., Vol. 32, No. 25, 2298-2299, Dec. 1996.
8. Rmili, H., O. Mrabet, J. M. Floch, and J. L. Miane, "Study of an electrochemically-deposed 3D-fractal tree-monopole antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 4, 1045-1050, Apr. 2007.
9. Allam, L., T. Devers, and V. Fleury, "Capteurs de molecules reducrices,", brevet CNRS/Universitie d'Orleans, FR00/10147, 2000.
10. Dumond, C., M. Khelloufi, and L. Allam, "Multiband and ultrawideband properties of 2-D electrochemically-deposited random fractal monopole antennas," PIERS Proceedings , 850-851, Marrakesh, Morocco, Mar. 20-23, 2011.
11. Trigueros, P. P., J. Claret, F. Mas, and F. Sagues, "Pattern morphologies in zinc electro-deposition," J. Electroanal. Chem., Vol. 312, 219-235, 1991.
12. Fleury, V., W. A. Watters, L. Allam, and T. Devers, "Rapid galvanic electroplating of insulators," Nature, Vol. 416, 716-719, 2002.
13. Anguera, J., J. P. Daniel, C. Borja, J. Mumbru, C. Puente, T. Leduc, N. Laeveren, and P. van Roy, "Metallized foams for fractal-shaped microstrip antennas," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 50, No. 6, 20-38, Dec. 2008.
14. Anguera, J., J. P. Daniel, C. Borja, J. Mumbru, C. Puente, T. Leduc, K. Sayegrih, and P. van Roy, "Metallized foams for antenna design: Application to fractal-shaped Sierpinski-Carpet monopole," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 104, 239-251, 2010.
15., , Fractalyse 2.3, Laboratoire TheMa (CNRS --- Universitie de Franche-Comte), http://www.fractalyse.org.
16. Image JTM, Java image processing program inspired by NIH Image, , http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/.
17. Anguera, J., C. Puente, E. Martinez, E. Rozan, "The fractal Hilbert monopole: A two-dimensional wire," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 36, No. 2, 102-104, Jan. 2003.
18. Abosh, A. M. and M. E. Bialkowski, "Design of ultra-wideband planar monopole antennas of circular and elliptical shape," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 1, 17-23, Jan. 2008.
19. Wheeler, H. A., The radian-sphere around a small antenna, 1325-1331, Proc. IRE, Aug. 1959.
20. McKinzie, III and W. E., "A modified Wheeler cap method for measuring antenna efficiency," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation,, Vol. 1, 542-545, 1997.
21. Austin, B. A., "Resonant mode limitations with the Wheeler method of radiation efficiency measurement," IEE Colloquium on Advances in the Direct Measurement of Antenna Radiation Characteristics in Indoor Environments, 7/1-7/4, 1989.