A novel compact ultrawideband (UWB) CPW-fed antenna with triple lower pass bands and dual notched bands for wireless applications is presented. The low-profile antenna comprises of an approximate hexagonal-shaped radiator for covering the UWB band (3.1~10.8 GHz). Triple lower pass bands, the 1.5G band, 1.8 GHz GSM band and 2.4 GHz Bluetooth band, can be realized by adding three handstand semielliptical-shaped stubs bilaterally at the upper part of antenna ground. A notched band of 3.3~3.7 GHz for rejection of WIMAX radio signals can also be obtained by adjusting the geometry of the three stubs. In addition, an U-shaped slot on the radiating patch generates a notched band in 5.15~5.825 GHz for rejection of WLAN radio signals. The proposed antenna is designed and built on a FR-4 substrate, with overall size of 25 mm×24 mm. The simulated and measured results are presented and show that the proposed compact antenna has a stable and omnidirectional radiation patterns across all the relevant bands.
2. Ma, T. G. and S. K. Jeng, "A printed dipole antenna with tapered slot feed for ultrawide-band applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, 3833-3836, Nov. 2005.
3. Mishra, S. K., R. K. Gupta, A. Vaidya, and J. Mukherjee, "A compact dual-band fork-shaped monopole antenna for bluetooth and UWB applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 627-630, 2011.
4. Taheri, M. M. S., A. R. Mallahzadeh, S. M. A. Nezhad, and A. H. Ghasemi, "A compact triple-band fork-shaped printed slot antenna for GSM, bluetooth and UWB applications," European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 2012.
5. Ali, F., R. H. Hamid, and M. Sajad, "Small UWB planar monopole antenna with added GPS/GSM/WLAN bands," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, 2987-2992, Jun. 2012.
6. Liu, J. J., S. S. Zhong, and K. P. Esselle, "A printed elliptical monopole antenna with modified feeding structure for bandwidth enhancement," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, 667-670, Feb. 2011.
7. Wei, Y. Q., Y. Z. Yin, L. Xie, Kun Song, and X. S. Ren, "A novel band-notched antenna with self-similar flame slot used for 2.4 GHz WLAN and UWB application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 5-6, 693-701, 2011.
8. Lee, W. S., D. Z. Kim, K. Z. Kim, and J. W. Yu, "Wideband planar monopole antennas with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. MTT, Vol. 54, 2800-2806, Jun. 2006.
9. Chu, Q. X. and T. G. Huang, "Compact UWB antenna with sharp band-notched characteristics for lower WLAN band," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, 838-839, Jul. 2011.
10. Kim, K. H., Y. J. Cho, S. H. Hwang, and S. O. Park, "Band-notched UWB planar monopole antenna with two parasitic patches," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, 783-785, Jul. 2005.
11. Lin, C.-C., P. Jin, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Single, dual and triband-notched ultrawideband (UWB) antennas using capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonators," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, 102-109, Jan. 2012.
12. Yin, , X. C., C. L. Ruan, S. G. Mo, C. Y. Ding, J. H. Chu, and , "A compact ultra-wideband microstrip antenna with multiple notches," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 321-332, 2008.
13. Yuan, T., C. W. Qiu, L. W. Li, M. S. Leong, and Q. Zhang, "Elliptically shaped ultra-wideband patch antenna with band-notch features," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 50, 736-738, Mar. 2008.
14. Gao, G. P., M. Li, S. F. Niu, X. J. Li, B. N. Li, and J. S. Zhang, "Study of a novel wideband circular slot antenna having frequency band-notched function ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 96, 141-154, 2009.
15. Taheri, M. M. S., H. R. Hassani, and S. M. A. Nezhad, "UWB printed slot antenna with bluetooth and dual notch bands," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 255-258, 2011.
16. Zaker, R. , C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "A modified microstrip-fed two-step tapered monopole antenna for UWB and WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 137-148, 2007.
17. Barbarino, S. and F. Consoli, "UWB circular slot antenna provided with an inverted-L notch filter for the 5 GHz WLAN band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 104, , 1-13, 2010.
18. Fallahi, R., A.-A. Kalteh, and M. Golparvar Roozbahani, "A novel UWB elliptical slot antenna with band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 127-136, 2008.
19. Li, C. M. and L. H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
20. Danesfahani, R., L. Asadpor, and S. Soltani, "A small UWB CPW-fed monopole antenna with variable notched bandwidth," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 8-9, 1067-1076, 2009.
21. Zhang, X., Y. Y. Xia, J. Chen, and W. T. Li, "Compact microstrip-fed antenna for ultra-wideband applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 11-16, 2009.
22. Cho, Y. J., K. H. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S.-O. Park, "A miniature uwb planar monopole antenna with 5-GHz band-rejection filter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 54, 1453-1460, May 2006.
23. Deng, J. Y. , Y. Z. Yin, Q.Wang, and Q. Z. Liu, "Study on a CPW-fed UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristic," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 17-18, 513-521, 2009.
24. Akhoondzadeh-Asl, L., M. Fardis, A. Abolghasemi, and G. Dadashzadeh, "Frequency and time domain characteristic of a novel notch frequency UWB antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 337-348, 2008.
25. Habib, M. A., M. A. Habib, M. Nedil, M. C. E. Yagoub, and T. A. Denidni, "Ultra wideband CPW-fed aperture antenna with WLAN band rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 17-31, 2010.
doi: --- Either ISSN or Journal title must be supplied.