Two improved circularly polarized microstrip planar antennas operating in 5 GHz-6 GHz are proposed in this paper. The Swastika slot and a circular feeding line are introduced into Ant.2 which exhibits wide impedance bandwidth and AR bandwidth during simulation and measurement than a basic truncated edge CP microstrip antenna. In further studies, a center circular slot is introduced into Ant.3, and the experimental results show a wider impedance bandwidth and AR bandwidth with high gain.
2. Naderi, F., W. J. Weber, and G. H. Knouse, NASA'S Mobile Satellite Communications Program: Ground and Space Segment Technologies, Los Angeles, CA, Oct. 1984.
3. Sharma, P. and K. Gupta, "Analysis and optimized design of single feed circularly polarized microstrip antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 31, 949-955, Nov. 1983.
4. Qing, X. M. and Y. W. M. Chia, "A novel single-feed circular polarized slotted loop antenna," International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation Society, Vol. 1, 248-251, Aug. 1999.
5. Row, J. S., "The design of a squarer-ring slot antenna for circular polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, 1967-1972, Jun. 2005.
6. Minard, P. and A. Louzir, "A new wide frequency band feeding technique of annular slot antenna," International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, 406-409, 2002.
7. Iwasaki, H., "A circularly polarized small-size microstrip antenna with a cross slot," International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 44, Oct. 1996.
8. Tong, K.-F. and G. Lacotte, "Novel single-feed proximity coupled wideband circularly polarized slot antenna," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1-4, Dec. 2008.
9. Sim, C.-Y.-D. and B. H. Yang, "A single layer dual-band CP microstrip antenna for GPS and DSRC applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 4, 529-539, 2008.
10. Chen, Y., H. Sun, and X. Lv, "Design of a broadband wide-angle circularly polarized microstrip patch antenna with small phase deviation," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, Vol. 3, 1089-1091, Apr. 2008.
11. Shi, S., K. Hirasawa, and Z. Chen, "Circularly polarized rectangularly bent slot antennas backed by a rectangular cavity," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, 1517-1524, Nov. 2001.
12. Row, J.-S. and S.-W. Wu, "Circularly-polarized wide slot antenna loaded with a parasitic patch," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, 2826-2832, Sep. 2008.
13. Trinh-Van, S., H. B. Kim, G. Kwon, and K. C. Hwang, "Circularly polarized spidron fractal slot antenna arrays for broadband satellite communications in Ku-band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 203-218, 2013.
14. Deng, J.-Y., L.-X. Guo, T.-Q. Fan, Z.-S. Wu, Y.-J. Hu, and J. H. Yang, "Wideband circularly polarized suspended patch antenna with indented edge and gap-coupled feed," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, 151-159, 2013.