In recent years, Artificial Neural networks (ANNs) have been intensively employed to build smart model of microwave devices. In this paper a characterization of lossy SIW resonators by means of Multilayer Perceptron Neural Networks (MLPNNs) on Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), is presented. Once properly selected and trained, a MLPNN can evaluate the lossy SIW resonator's resonant frequency fr and the pertaining quality factor Q at a shorter time than the full-wave rigorous model. In this way, fast parametric models of SIWstructures to employ for the design and optimization of microwave devices, exploiting the computational power of GPUs, can be obtained.
1. Zhang, Q.-L., W.-Y. Yin, S. He, and L.-S. Wu, "Evanescent-mode substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) filters implemented with complementary split ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 419-432, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER10110307
2. Amendola, G., E. Arnieri, L. Boccia, and V. Ziegler, "Annular ring slot radiating element for integrated millimeter wave arrays," Proceedings of 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, EuCAP 2012, 3082-3085, Prague, Czech Republic, 2012.
3. Boccia, L., A. Emanuele, E. Arnieri, A. Shamsafar, and G. Amendola, "Substrate integrated power combiners," Proceedings of 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, EuCAP 2012, 3631-3634, Prague, Czech Republic, 2012.
4. Russo, I., L. Boccia, G. Amendola, and H. Schumacher, "Compact hybrid coaxial architecture for 3 GHz-10 GHz UBW quasi-optical power combiners," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 122, 77-92, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11101704
6. Abaei, E., E. Mehrshahi, G. Amendola, E. Arnieri, and A. Shamsafar, "Two dimensional multi-port method for analysis of propagation characteristics of substrate integrated waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 29, 261-273, 2012.
7. Arnieri, E. and G. Amendola, "Analysis of substrate integrated waveguide structure based on the parallel-plate waveguide Green's function," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 56, 1615-1623, 2008. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2008.925240
8. Arnieri, E. and G. Amendola, "Method of moment analysis of slot-ted substrate integrated waveguide arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, 1148-1154, 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2011.2109356
9. Amendola, G., E. Arnieri, and L. Boccia, "Analysis of lossy SIW structures based on the parallel plates waveguide Green's function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 33, 157-159, 2012.
10. Amendola, G., G. Angiulli, E. Arnieri, and L. Boccia, "Resonant frequencies of circular substrate integrated resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 4, 239-241, 2008. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2008.918872
11. Angiulli, G., E. Arnieri, D. De Carlo, and G. Amendola, "Fast nonlinear eigenvalues analysis of arbitrarily shaped substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) resonators," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 45, No. 3, 1412-1415, 2009. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2012650
12. Amendola, G., G. Angiulli, E. Arnieri, and L. Boccia, "Computation of the resonant frequency and quality factor of lossy substrate integrated waveguide resonators by method of moments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 40, 107-117, 2013.
13. Humayun, K., L. Zhang, M. Yu, P. H. Aaen, J. Wood, and Q.-J. Zhang, "Smart modeling of microwave devices," IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 11, 105-118, 2010. doi:10.1109/MMM.2010.936079
14. Angiulli, G., D. De Carlo, G. Amendola, E. Arnieri, and S. Costanzo, "Support vector regression machines to evaluate resonant frequency of elliptic substrate integrate waveguide resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 107-118, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08041803
15. Luo, M. and K.-M. Huang, "Prediction of the electromagnetic field in metallic enclosures using artificial neural networks," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 116, 171-184, 2011.
16. Wefky, A., F. Espinosa, L. D. Santiago, A. Gardel, P. Revenga, and M. Martinez, "Modeling radiated electromagnetic emissions of electric motorcycles in terms of driving profile using MLP neural networks," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 741-758, 2013.
17. Scanzio, S., S. Cumani, R. Gemello, F. Mana, and P. Laface, "Parallel implementation of artificial neural network training," IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2010), 4902-4905, 2010. doi:10.1109/ICASSP.2010.5495108
18. Pendlebury, J., "Arti¯cial neural network simulation on CUDA," IEEE/ACM 16th International Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications, 228-233, 2012. doi:10.1109/DS-RT.2012.40
19. Angiulli, G., "On the computation of nonlinear eigenvalues in electromagnetics problems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 4, 527-532, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307780616838