In this paper, we present a new design of a compact tri-band unequal power divider, which is composed of a circular-coupling power divider and a triple-band resonator. The unequal power dividing characteristic is realized by two circular shaped microstrip lines coupled through a circular shaped slot. The triple-band resonator, which comprises a conventional half-wavelength resonator, a short stub and an open stub, deals with the triple-bandpass performance. The proposed tri-band power divider with 1:1.6 output power ratios working at 3.4 GHz, 4.2 GHz, and 5.25 GHz is simulated and fabricated, and good agreements between the simulated and measured results are observed.
2. Betancourt, D. and C. del Rio Bocio, "A novel methodology to feed phased array antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 55, No. 9, 2489-2494, Sep. 2007.
3. Saito, Y., D. Fontaine, J. Rollin, and D. Filipovic, "Micro-coaxial Ka-band Gysel power dividers," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 2, 472-478, Feb. 2010.
4. Abbosh, A. M., "A compact UWB three-way power divider," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 8, 598-600, Aug. 2007.
5. Peng, H., Z. Yang, Y. Liu, T. Yang, and K. Tan, "An improved UWB non-coplanar power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 31-39, 2013.
6. Peng, H., Z. Yang, and T. Yang, "Design and implementation of an ultra-wideband six-port network," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 293-310, 2012.
7. Bialkowski, M. E., A. M. Abbosh, and N. Seman, "Compact microwave six-port vector voltmeters for UWB applications," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 55, No. 10, 2216-2223, Oct. 2007.
8. Bialkowski, M. E., A. M. Abbosh, and J. Swayn, "Design of a compact microwave six-port vector voltmeter for UWB applications," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., 999-1002, Honolulu, US, 2007.
9. Moscoso-Martir, A., J. G.Wangemert-Perez, I. Molina-Fernandez, and E. Marquez-Segura, "Slot-coupled multi-section quadrature hybrid for UWB applications," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 3, 143-145, Mar. 2009.
10. Wu, L., Z. G. Sun, H. Yilmaz, and M. Berroth, "A dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, No. 1, 278-284, Jan. 2006.
11. Tang, X. and K. Mouthaan, "Compact dual-band power divider with single allpass coupled lines sections," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 10, 688-689, May 2010.
12. Liu, , W. Q., , F. Wei, and X.-W. Shi, "A compact tri-band power divider based on triple-mode resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 283-291, 2013.
13. Sun, Z. Y., L. J. Zhang, Y. P. Yan, and H. W. Yang, "Design of unequal dual-band Gysel power divider with arbitrary termination resistance," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 59, No. 8, 1955-1962, Aug. 2011.
14. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, Q. Xue, S. Li, and C. Yu, "Analytical design method of multiway dual-band planar power dividers with arbitrary power division," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 58, No. 12, 3832-3841, Dec. 2010.
15. Chen, F. C., Q. X. Chu, and Z. H. Tu, "Tri-band bandpass filter using stub loaded resonators," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 12, 747-748, Jun. 2008.
16. Abbosh, A. M. and M. E. Bialkowski, "Design of compact directional couplers for UWB applications," IEEE Trans. on Microw. Theory and Tech., Vol. 55, No. 2, 189-194, Feb. 2007.