This paper discusses a conducted emission measurement of a cell phone integrated circuit. The industry standard measurement method is used to compare the measurement result to the defined limit line. A data analysis method-short time fast Fourier transform (STFFT) is presented to help to analyze the result. The data consistency and repeatability is also analyzed.
2. Ramdani, M., et al., "The electromagnetic compatibility of integrated circuits --- Past, present and future," IEEE Trans. on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 51, No. 1, 78-100, Feb. 2009.
3. IEC, "IEC 61967-4, integrated circuits --- Measurement of electromagnetic emissions 150 kHz to 1 GHz --- Part 4: Measurement of conducted emissions ---1 Ω/150 Ω direct coupling method,"-2005.
4. BISS, "Generic IC EMC test specification version 1.2,", Jan. 2010.
5. Ramanujan, A., Z. Riah, A. Louis, and B. Mazari, "Computational optimizations towards an accurate and rapid electromagnetic emission modeling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 27, 365-384, 2011.
6. Pan, W. and D. Pommerenke, "EMI failure analysis techniques: II. Joint time-frequency analysis," IEEE EMC Society News Letter, Vol. 226, No. 2010, 31-34, 2010.
7. Ross, B., "IBIS models for signal integrity applications," Electrical Engineering Times, 38-43, Sep. 2, 1996.
8. Tchrani, P. F., Y. Z. Chen, and J. Y. Fang, "Extraction of transient behavioral model of digital I/O buffers from IBIS," 46th IEEE Electronic Components & Technology Conference, 1009-1015, Orlando, May 28-31, 1996.
9. Tuinenga, P. W., SPICE: A Guide to Circuit Simulation & Analysis Using PSpice, Englewood Cliffs, Prentice-Hall, NJ, 1992.