A simple wideband antenna with parasitic element is proposed in this paper. The printed antenna is comprised of an L-shape monopole and a parasitic element. By optimizing geometrical parameters of the parasitic element structure, a good impedance bandwidth which covers DVB (470 MHz~702 MHz) for return loss being higher than 5 dB and LTE/700(704 MHz~787 MHz), GSM850/900 (824 MHz~894 MHz/880 MHz~960 MHz) for return loss being higher than 10 dB is achieved. A fabricated antenna has a dimension of 150 mm×56 mm. The measured and simulated efficiency, gain and radiation pattern which is quasi omni-directional in the yoz plane make it to be a good candidate of mobile communicational terminals.
2. Sesia, S., I. Toufik, and M. Baker, LTE --- The UMTS Long Term Evolution: From Theory to Practice, Wiley, Chicester, UK, 2009.
3. Li, W. Y., K. L. Wong, and J. S. Row, "Broadband planar shorted monopole antenna for DTV signal reception in a portable media player," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 3, 558-561, 2007.
4. Ban, Y.-L., J.-H. Chen, S.-C. Sun, J. L.-W. Li, and J.-H. Guo, "Printed wideband antenna with chip-capacitor-loaded inductive strip for LTE/GSM/UMTS WWAN wireless USB dongle application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 313-329, 2012.
5. Jeon, S.-G., D.-H. Seo, Y.-S. Yu, and J.-H. Choi, "Broadband internal antenna for mobile DTV handsets," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 7, 1048-1052, 2007.
6. Hsu, C.-K. and S.-J. Chung, "A wideband DVB forked shape monopole antenna with coupling effect for USB dongle ," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 9, 3029-3036, 2010.
7. Chen, H.-D., "Compact broadband microstrip-line-fed sleeve monopole antenna for DTV application and ground plane effect," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 497-500, 2008.
8. Pan, C.-Y. , J.-H. Duan, and J.-Y. Jan, "Coplanar printed monopole antenna using coaxial feed line for DTV application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 34, 21-29, 2012.
9. Chi, Y. W., K. L.Wong, and S. W. Su, "Broadband printed dipole antenna with a step-shaped feed gap for DTV signal Reception," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 11, 3353-3356, Nov. 2007.
10. Jeng, B.-M., C.-M. Lee, and C.-H. Luo, "Multiple-ring monopole antenna with sleeve-shaped ground for DVB-T applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 14, 155-161, 2010.
11. Zheng, L., X. L. Quan, H. J. Liu, and R. L. Li, "Broadband planar antenna based on CRLH structure for DVB-H and GSM-900 applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 23, 1443-1444, 2012.
12. Lin, K.-C., C.-H. Lin, and Y.-C. Lin, "Simple printed multiband antenna with novel parasitic-element design for multistandard mobile phone applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 1, 488-491, 2013.
13. Chu, F.-H. and K.-L. Wong, "Planar printed strip monopole with a closely-coupled parasitic shorted strip for eight-band LTE/GSM/UMTS mobile phone," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 10, 3426-3431, 2010.