A simple wideband antenna with parasitic element is proposed in this paper. The printed antenna is comprised of an L-shape monopole and a parasitic element. By optimizing geometrical parameters of the parasitic element structure, a good impedance bandwidth which covers DVB (470 MHz~702 MHz) for return loss being higher than 5 dB and LTE/700(704 MHz~787 MHz), GSM850/900 (824 MHz~894 MHz/880 MHz~960 MHz) for return loss being higher than 10 dB is achieved. A fabricated antenna has a dimension of 150 mm×56 mm. The measured and simulated efficiency, gain and radiation pattern which is quasi omni-directional in the yoz plane make it to be a good candidate of mobile communicational terminals.
8. Pan, C.-Y. , J.-H. Duan, and J.-Y. Jan, "Coplanar printed monopole antenna using coaxial feed line for DTV application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 34, 21-29, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2007.908848
9. Chi, Y. W., K. L.Wong, and S. W. Su, "Broadband printed dipole antenna with a step-shaped feed gap for DTV signal Reception," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 11, 3353-3356, Nov. 2007. doi:10.2528/PIERC10052502
10. Jeng, B.-M., C.-M. Lee, and C.-H. Luo, "Multiple-ring monopole antenna with sleeve-shaped ground for DVB-T applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 14, 155-161, 2010. doi:10.1049/el.2012.2913
11. Zheng, L., X. L. Quan, H. J. Liu, and R. L. Li, "Broadband planar antenna based on CRLH structure for DVB-H and GSM-900 applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 23, 1443-1444, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2220106
12. Lin, K.-C., C.-H. Lin, and Y.-C. Lin, "Simple printed multiband antenna with novel parasitic-element design for multistandard mobile phone applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 1, 488-491, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2055807
13. Chu, F.-H. and K.-L. Wong, "Planar printed strip monopole with a closely-coupled parasitic shorted strip for eight-band LTE/GSM/UMTS mobile phone," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 10, 3426-3431, 2010.