Constrained Least Mean Square (CLMS) algorithm is used to adapt the antenna array weights. CLMS in its simple form fails to capture the Signal of Interest (SOI) if there is an error in the Direction of Arrival (DOA) estimation. Moreover, it will consider the SOI as an interferer and create null in the desired DOA. The large gain will be towards the detected wrong direction. Derivative constraints and Bayesian beamformer are two techniques used to overcome such a problem. Derivative constraints destroy a lot of Degrees of Freedom (DOF). Bayesian beamformer destroys only one DOF but vulnerable to binning error. The proposed algorithm overcomes the problem of binning error in the Bayesian beamformer with only one extra DOF.
2. Frost, III, O. L., "An algorithm for linearly constrained adaptive array processing," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 60, No. 8, 926-935, Aug. 1972.
3. Er, M. H. and A. Cantoni, "Derivative constraints for broad-band element space antenna array processors," IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, Signal Processing, Vol. 31, No. 6, 1378-1393, Dec. 1983.
4. Vorobyov, S. A., A. B. Gershman, and Z. Q. Luo, "Robust adaptive beamforming using worst-case performance optimization: A solution to the signal mismatch problem," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 51, No. 2, 313-324, Feb. 2003.
5. Lorenz, R. G. and S. P. Boyd, "Robust minimum variance beamforming," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 53, No. 5, 1684-1696, May 2005.
6. El-Keyi, A., T. Kirubarajan, and A. B. Gershman, "Robust adaptive beamforming based on the Kalman filter," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 53, No. 8, 3032-3041, Aug. 2005.
7. Nai, S. E., W. Ser, Z. L. Yu, and H. Chen, "Iterative robust minimum variance beamforming," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 59, No. 4, 1601-1611, Apr. 2011.
8. Morell, A., A. Pascual-Iserte, and A. I. Perez-Neira, "Fuzzy inference based robust beamforming," Elsevier Signal Processing, Vol. 85, No. 10, 2014-2029, 2005.
9. Bell, K. L., Y. Ephraim, and H. L. Van Trees, "A Bayesian approach to robust adaptive beamforming," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 48, No. 2, 386-398, Feb. 2000.