A triple-band bow-tie-shaped CPW-fed slot antenna design for wireless communication applications is proposed. The antenna consists of a signal strip, two conducting strips and bow-tie-shaped slots. With simple tuning geometrical parameters, the proposed antenna is suitable for WLAN 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz bands. This antenna is designed on a single-layer PCB FR4 substrate with permittivity εr = 4.4, loss tangent tanδ = 0.0245 and thickness h = 1.6 mm. The antenna size of the radiating area and ground plane is 60×45 mm2. The measured results show a positive agreement with the simulated results.
2. De Villiers, J. P. and J. P. Jacobs, "Gaussian process modeling of CPW-fed slot antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 98, 233-249, 2009.
3. Denidni, T. A. and M. A. Habib, "Broadband printed CPW-fed circular slot antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 42, No. 3, 135-136, Feb. 2006.
4. Lin, Y.-C. and K.-J. Hung, "Design of dual-band slot antenna with double T-match stubs," Electron. Lett., Vol. 42, No. 88, 438-439, Apr. 2006.
5. Jan, J.-Y., C.-Y. Pan, K.-Y. Chiu, and H.-M. Chen, "Broadband CPW-fed circularly-polarized slot antenna with an open slot," IEEE Trans. Ant. Propag., Vol. 61, No. 3, 1418-1422, Mar. 2013.
6. Liu, W. C. and W. R. Chen, "CPW-fed compact meandered patch antenna for dual-band operation," Electron. Lett., Vol. 40, No. 18, 1094-1095, Sep. 2004.
7. Huang, C.-Y., C.-C. Lin, and W.-F. Chen, "Multiple band-stop bow-tie slot antennas for multiband wireless systems," IET Micro., Ant. Propag., Vol. 2, No. 6, 588-593, Jun. 2008.
8. Liu, W.-C., C.-M. Wu, and N.-C. Chu, "A compact CPW-fed slotted patch antenna for dual-band operation," IEEE Trans. Ant. Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 110-113, 2010.