In this paper, a novel microstrip-fed compact antenna with triple band-notched characteristics is presented for ultrawideband (UWB) applications. The antenna consists of a circular radiating patch, a 50 Ω microstrip feed line, a partially slotted ground plane, and a pair of modified capacitance loaded loop (MCLL) resonators. The novel resonators are symmetrically located in the vicinity of the feed line to achieve triple band-notched characteristics, such as 3.4-3.7 GHz for WiMAX, 5.15-5.825 GHz for WLAN, 7.25-8.395 GHz for X-band satellite communication. The good performance of triple notched bands, stable gain and omnidirectional radiation patterns in the operating bands make the proposed antenna a good candidate for UWB utilization.
2. Kang, X. L., H. Zhang, Z. R. Li, Q. X. Guo, X. Q. Zhang, J. H. Wang, and Y. Q. Yang, "A band-notched UWB printed half elliptical ring monopole antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 35, 23-33, 2013.
3. Mohammadi, S., J. Nourinia, C. Ghobadi, and M. Majidzadeh, "Compact CPW-fed rotated square-shaped patch slot antenna with band-notched function for UWB applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 24, 1307-1309, 2011.
4. Li, C. M. and L. H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
5. Zheng, Z. A., Q. X. Chu, and Z. H. Tu, "Compact band-rejected ultrawideband slot antennas inserting with and resonators," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 2, 390-397, 2011.
6. Tilanthe, P., P. C. Sharma, and T. K. Bandopadhyay, "A monopole microstrip antenna with enhanced dual band rejection for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 38, 315-331, 2012.
7. Nguyen, D. T., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Very compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna with quarter-wavelength slots," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 411-414, 2012.
8. Zhao, Y. L., Y. C. Jiao, G. Zhao, L. Zhang, Y. Song, and Z. B. Wong, "Compact planar monopole UWB antenna with band-notched characteristic," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 50, 2656-2658, 2008.
9. Deng, J. Y., Y. Z. Yin, S. G. Zhou, and Q. Z. Liu, "Compact ultrawideband antenna with tri-band notched characteristic," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 21, 1231-1233, 2008.
10. Li, C. M. and L. H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
11. Zhu, F., S. Gao, A. T. S. Ho, C. H. See, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, J. Li, and J. Xu, "Design and analysis of planar ultra-wideband antenna with dual band-notched function," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 523-536, 2012.
12. Mandal, T. and D. Santanu, "An optimal design of CPW-fed UWB aperture antennas with WIMAX/WLAN notched band characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 35, 161-175, 2013.
13. Li, B., J. S. Hong, and B. Z. Wang, "Switched band-notched UWB/dual-band WLAN slot antenna with inverted S-shaped slots," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 572-575, 2012.
14. Chen, W. S. and K. Y. Ku, "Band-rejected design of the printed open slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX operation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 4, 1163-1169, 2008.
15. Azim, R., M. T. Islam, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Design of a dual band-notch UWB slot antenna by means of simple parasitic slits," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 1412-1415, 2013.
16. Naser-Moghadasi, M., R. A. Sadeghzadeh, T. Sedghi, T. Aribi, and B. S. Virdee, "UWB CPW-fed fractal patch antenna with band-notched function employing folded T-shaped element," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 504-507, 2013.
17. Abbosh, A. M. and M. E. Bialkowski, "Design of UWB planar band-notched antenna using parasitic elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 3, 796-799, 2009.
18. Hong, C. Y., C. W. Ling, I. Y. Tarn, and S. J. Chung, "Design of a planar ultrawideband antenna with a new band-notch structure," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 12, 3391-3397, 2007.
19. Sung, Y., "UWB monopole antenna with two notched bands based on the folded stepped impedance resonator," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 500-502, 2012.
20. Ojaroudi, M. and N. Ojaroudi, "Ultra-wideband small rectangular slot antenna with variable band-stop function," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 1, 490-494, 2014.
21. Lin, C. C., P. Jin, and R. W. Ziolkowski, "Single, dual and tri-band-notched ultrawideband (UWB) antennas using capacitively loaded loop (CLL) resonators," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 1, 102-109, 2012.