A novel CPW-fed antenna capable of triple-band operation for WLAN/WiMAX applications is presented and investigated in this paper. The proposed antenna simply consists of three elements viz. folded open stub, L-shaped open stub, and Y-shaped resonator. By using the three elements, triple-band antenna operating at 2.5/3.5/5.5 GHz can be achieved. The antenna impedance bandwidths for |S11| ≤ -10 dB are 2.39-2.69, 3.38-3.73 and 5.0-5.99 GHz, covering all the WLAN/WiMAX operation bands. The tri-band antenna has good omnidirectional radiation patterns in H-plane and moderate gains across all the operation bands with compact size of 30 × 18 mm2. Experimental results show that the antenna is successfully simulated and measured, and the tri-band antenna can be achieved by adjusting the lengths of the three elements and gives good gains across all the operation bands.
2. Hu, W., Y.-Z. Yin, Y. Yang, and X.-S. Ren, "Compact printed antenna with h-shaped stub for dual-band operation," Electronics Letters, Vol. 46, No. 25, 1644-1645, 2010.
3. Chu, Q.-X. and L.-H. Ye, "Design of compact dual-wideband antenna with assembled monopoles," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 12, 4063-4066, 2010.
4. Dong, L., Z.-Y. Zhang, W. Li, and G. Fum, "A compact CPW-fed monopole antenna with triple bands for WLAN/Wimax applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 39, 103-113, 2013.
5. Xu, Y., Y.-C. Jiao, and Y.-C. Luan, "Compact CPW-fed printed monopole antenna with triple-band characteristics for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 24, 1519-1520, 2012.
6. Liu, P., et al., "Compact CPW-fed tri-band printed antenna with meandering split-ring slot for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letter, Vol. 11, 1242-1244, 2012.
7. Sim, , C. Y. D., et al., "Coplanar waveguide-fed slot antenna for wireless local area network/worldwide interoperability for microwave access applications ," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1529-1535, 2012.
8. Zheng, L. and G. Wang, "Design of triple-frequency folded slot antenna for 2.4/3.5/5.2/5.8-GHz WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 43, 115-123, 2013.
9. Chen, S.-Y., Y.-C. Chen, and P. Hsu, "CPW-fed aperture-coupled slot dipole antenna for tri-band operation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 535-537, 2008.
10. Liu, H.-W., C.-H. Ku, and C.-F. Yang, "Novel CPW-fed planar monopole antenna for WiMAX/WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 240-243, 2010.
11. Xu, L., Z.-Y. Xin, and J. He, "A compact triple-band fork-shaped ante nna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 40, 61-69, 2013.
12. Wan, Y.-T., et al., "Miniature multi-band monopole antenna using spiral ring resonators for radiation pattern characteristics improvement," Electronics Letters, Vol. 49, No. 6, 382-384, 2013.
13. Liu, Y.-F., P. Wang, and H. Qin, "A compact triband ACS-fed monopole antenna employing inverted-L branches for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 47, 131-138, 2014.
14. Koohestani, M. and M. Golpour, "U-shaped microstrip patch antenna with novel parasitic tuning stubs for ultra wideband applications," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 4, No. 7, 938-946, 2010.