A novel compact slotline power divider is proposed in this article. This presented power divider employs a novel configuration with one lumped resistor, which makes it surpass most antecedent UWB power dividers based on microstrip-to-slotline transitions in aspect of isolation between output ports and return losses at output ports. The simulated and measured results illustrate the good performances of the novel power divider on return losses at all ports, isolation, amplitude and phase balances between output ports, as well as group delay over the wide frequency band from 3.8 GHz to 10.4 GHz.
. Hsu, C. L., F. C. Hsu, and J. T. Kuo, "Microstrip bandpass filters for ultra-wideband (UWB) wireless communications," 2005 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 12-17, Jun. 2005.
3. Hsiao, P.-Y. and R.-M. Weng, "Compact open-loop UWB filter with notched band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 7, 149-159, 2009.
4. Zhou, B., H. Wang, and W.-X. Sheng, "A modified UWB Wilkinson power divider using delta stub," Progress In Electromagnetics research Letters, Vol. 19, 49-55, 2010.
5. Hazeri, A. R., "An ultra wideband Wilkinson power divider," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 99, No. 4, 575-584, Apr. 2012.
6. Shamaileh, K. A., A. Qaroot, N. Dib, A. Sheta, and M. A. Alkanhal, "Analysis and design of ultra-wideband 3-way Bagley power divider using tapered lines transformers," International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, Vol. 2012, 1-6, 2012.
7. Abbosh, A. M., "Ultra-wideband three-way power divider using broadside-coupled microstrip-coplanar waveguide," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 1, 196-199, Jan. 2012.
8. Seman, N., M. E. Bialkowski, and W. C. Khor, "Ultra-wideband Vias and power dividers in microstrip-slot technology," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference 2007, 1-4, Dec. 2007.
9. Bialkowshi, M. E. and A. M. Abbosh, "Design of a compact UWB out-of-phase power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 4, 289-291, Apr. 2007.
10. Bialkowshi, M. E., A. M. Abbosh, and N. Seman, "Compact Microwave six-port vector voltmeters for ultra-wideband applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Thoery Tech., Vol. 55, No. 10, 2216-2223, Oct. 2007.
11. Xiao, L., H. Peng, and T. Yang, "The design of a novel compact ultra-wideband (UWB) power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 44, 43-46, 2014.
12. Li, Q., X.-W. Shi, F. Wei, and J.-G. Gong, "A novel planar 180± out-of-phase power divider for UWB application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 1, 161-167, 2011.
13. Peng, H., Z. Yang, Y. Liu, T. Yang, and K. Tan, "An improved UWB non-coplanar power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 31-39, 2013.
14. Schuppert, B., "Microstrip/slotline transitions: Modeling and experimental investigation," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 36, No. 8, 1272-1282, Aug. 1988.
15. Zinieris, M. M., R. Sloan, and L. E. Davis, "A broadband microstrip-to-slot-line transition," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 5, 339-342, Aug. 1998.
16. Knorr, J. B., "Slot-line transitions," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 22, No. 5, 548-554, May 1974.
17. Gupta, K. C., R. Garg, I. Bahl, and P. Bhartia, "Microstrip lines and slotlines," Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1996.