This article presents the Wave Concept Iterative Procedure, an efficient method for characterization of substrate integrated Non-Radiative Dielectric passive circuits based on wave concept formulation and its iterative solution. WCIP simulations are compared to measurements and Finite Element Method simulations. A good agreement is achieved with computation time saving.
2. Wu, Y. and K. Cassivi, "Substrate integrated NRD (SINRD) guide in high dielectric constant substrate for millimeter wave circuits and system," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 3, 1639-1642, 2004.
3. Cassivi, Y. and K. Wu, "Substrate integrated nonradiative dielectric waveguide," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 14, No. 3, 89-91, 2004.
4. Wu, K and F. Boone, "Guided-wave properties of synthesized nonradiative dielectric waveguide for substrate integrated circuits (SICs)," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, 723-726, 2001.
5. Simpson, J. J., A. Taflove, J. A. Mix, and H. Heck, "Computational and experimental study of a microwave electromagnetic bandgap structure with wave guiding defect for potential use as a bandpass wireless interconnect," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 14, 343-345, 2004.
6. Yang, H.-Y. D. and D. R. Jackson, "Design consideration for modeless integrated circuit substrates using planar periodic patches," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 48, No. 12, 2233-2239, 2000.
7. Zhou, L. and L. E. Davis, "Finite element method with edge elements for waveguides loaded with ferrite magnetized in arbitrary direction," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 44, No. 6, 809-815, 1996.
8. Arnieri, E. and G. Amendola, "Analysis of substrate integrated waveguide structures based on the parallel-plate waveguide Green's function," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 56, No. 7, 1615-1623, 2008.
9. Zairi, H., H. Baudrand, A. Gharsallah, and A. Hafidh Gharbi, "An efficient iterative method for analysis of a substrate integrated waveguide structures," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 1, 45-48, 2010.
10. Ismail Alhzzoury, A., N. Raveu, G. Prigent, O. Pigaglio, H. Baudrand, and K. Al-Abdullah, "Substrate integrated waveguide filter design with wave concept iterative procedure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 53, No. 12, 2939-2942, 2011.
11. Ismail Alhzzoury, A., N. Raveu, O. Pigaglio, H. Baudrand, and K. Al-Abdullah, "WCIP applied to substrate integrated waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 33, 171-184, 2012.
12. Raveu, N. and H. Baudrand, Metallic EBG characterization with the WCIP, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Symposium, APS-URSI, 1-4, Charlestown, 2009.
13. Girard, C., A. Zugari, and N. Raveu, "2D FDTLM hybridization with modal method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 55, 23-44, 2013.
14. Raveu, N., J. Vincent, J.-R. Poirier, R. Perrussel, and L. Giraud, "Physically-based preconditioner for the WCIP," 2012 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference Proceedings (APMC), 1310-1312, 2012.
15. Saad, Y. and M.-H. Schultz, "GMRES: A generalized minimal residual algorithm for solving non symmetric linear systems," SIAM J. Sci. and Stat. Comput., Vol. 7, No. 3, 856-869, 1986.
16. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 4th Edition, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 2011, ISBN: 9780470631553.