A new compact antenna with the capability of covering Ultra Wide Band (UWB) Communication is presented. The size of the antenna is 22×24 mm2. Moreover, the proposed antenna has been successfully fabricated and measured, showing broadband matched impedance (~149%, 2.1 up to more than 14.3 GHz, VSWR ≤ 2). Also the antenna has dual band rejected characteristic on WLAN and WiMAX bands. Frequency and time domain performances of the antenna such as fidelity factor are examined at the end of the paper.
2. Lin, C.-C., Y.-C. Kan, L.-C. Kuo, and H.-R. Chuang, "A planar triangular monopole antenna for UWB communication," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 10, 624-626, 2005.
3. Ammann, M. J. and M. John, "Optimum design of the printed strip monopole," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 47, No. 6, 59-61, 2005.
4. Liang, J., L. Guo, C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Study of CPW-fed circular disc monopole antenna for ultra wide-band applications," IEE Proceedings: Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 152, No. 6, 520-526, 2005.
5. Qiao, W., Z. N. Chen, and K. Wu, "UWB monopole antenna with a top-hat sleeve," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 1, No. 1, 17-27, 2006.
6. Chen, Z. N., T. S. P. See, and X. Qing, "Small printed ultra wideband antenna with reduced ground plane effect," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 2, 383-388, 2007.
7. Mighani, M., M. Akbari, and N. Felegari, "A novel SWB small rhombic microstrip antenna with parasitic rectangle into slot of the feed line," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Journal, Vol. 27, No. 1, 74-79, 2012.
8. Zaker, R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "Bandwidth enhancement of novel compact single and dual band-notched printed monopole antenna with a pair of L-shaped slots," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 12, 3978-3983, 2009.
9. Mighani, M., M. Akbari, and N. Felegari, "A CPW dual band notched UWB antenna," Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society (ACES) Journal, Vol. 27, No. 4, 352-359, 2012.
10. Nezhad, S. A. M. and H. R. Hassani, "A novel triband E-shaped printed monopole antenna for MIMO application," IEEE Antennas Wirel Propag Lett., Vol. 9, 576-579, 2010.
11. Karaboikis, M. P., V. C. Papamichael, G. F. Tsachtsiris, C. F. Soras, and V. T. Makios, "Integrating compact printed antennas onto small diversity/MIMO terminals," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 7, 2067-2078, 2008.
12. Ansoft HFSS user's manual, Ansoft Corporation, Beta Release 11.0, , 2007.
13. Ansoft Corporation, Beta Release 11.0, , 2007.
14. AWR Design Environment, MWO 2009 Help, , 2009.
15. Medeiros, C. R., J. R. Costa, and C. A. Fernandes, "Compact tapered slot UWB antenna with wlan band rejection," IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 661-664, 2009.