The Radio Frequency IDentification (RFID) Low Frequency (LF) serial loops structure is proposed to improve TAGs detection when a TAG coil-antenna rotates by any angle, due to the tagged pebble moving. The detection zones of two types of TAGs (the token and glass TAG) and two types of reader coils, in function of the TAG size, TAG orientation and shape of the reader coils are tested. The effect of the proposed multi-coil inductively coupled is confirmed by measurement using a commercial LF RFID system.
2. Babic, S. I., F. Sirois, and C. Akyel, "Validity check of mutual inductance formulas for circular filaments with lateral and angular misalignments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 8, 15-26, 2009.
3. Hirayama, H., Y. Satake, N. Kikuma, and K. Sakakibara, "A new scheme to avoid null zone for HF band RFID with diversity combining of loop antennas," IEICE transactions on Communications, Vol. 93, 2666-2669, 2010.
4. Wang, K., A. Diet, S. A. Chakra, C. Conessa, M. Grzeskowiak, T. Bouaziz, S. Protat, D. Delcroix, L. Rousseau, G. Lissorgues, and A. Joisel, "Detecting range and coupling coefficient tradeoff with a multiple loops reader antenna for small size RFID LF tags," IEEE RFID-TA, 154-159, 2012.
5. Ahn, H. R., M. S. Kim, and Y. J. Kim, "Inductor array for minimising transfer efficiency decrease of wireless power transmission components at misalignment," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 5, 393-394, 2014.
6. Kim, J., H.-C. Son, and Y.-J. Park, "Multi-loop coil supporting uniform mutual inductances for free-positionning WPT," Electronics Letters, Vol. 49, No. 6, 417-419, 2013.
7. Diet, A., M. Grzeskowiak, Y. Le Bihan, and C. Conessa, "Improving LF reader antenna volume of detection, for RFID token tag, with a combination of ICLs and in/out-of phase multiple-loops structures," IEEE RFID-TA, 208-213, 2014.
8. Kawdungta, S., C. Phongcharoenpanich, and D. Torrungrueng, "Design of a novel dual loop gate antenna for radio frequency identification (RFID) systems at low frequency band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 12, 1-14, 2010.
9. Zierhofer, C. and E. Hochmair, "Geometric approach for coupling enhancement of magnetically coupled coils," IEEE transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 43, No. 7, 708-714, 1996.
10. Fotopoulou, K. and B. Flynn, "Optimum antenna coil structure for inductive powering of passive RFID tags," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. RFID, 71-77, 2007.
11. Azad, U., H. C. Jing, and Y. E. Wang, "Link budget and capacity performance of inductively coupled resonant loops," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 2453-2461, 2012.
12. Benelli, G., A. Pozzebon, D. Bertoni, and G. Sarti, "An RFID-based toolbox for the study of under-and outside-water movement of pebbles on coarse-grained beaches," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensors, Vol. 5, No. 5, 2012.
13. Finkenzeller, K., RFID Handbook, 3rd edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2010.