A MMW/IR compound Cassegrain antenna system for mono-pulse radar applications is presented in this paper. By comparing different modeling methods of conformal frequency selective surface (CFSS), a sub-reflector, with a good performance of reflection at 93 GHz and transparency at the wavelength of 1.06 μm, is achieved according to sputtering technique. At the wavelength of 1.06 μm, transmittance of the sub-reflector is 67%. Compared to a Cassegrain antenna system consisting of a metallic sub-reflector with identical size, the gain of the compound antenna system has a negligible loss (less than 0.4 dB) at 93 GHz. Compared with the patent in , the design can improve the limited size of receiving system and the utilization of aperture of the compound detection system at IR region, and can also enhance the heat dissipation.
2. Munk, B. A., "Frequency Selective Surfaces: Theory and Design," John Wiley Interscience, 1-21, 2000.
3. Hang, Z., et al., "Filter-antenna consisting of conical FSS radome and monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 60, No. 6, 3040-3045, 2012.
4. Chen, H., X. Hou, and L. Deng, "Design of frequency-selective surfaces radome for a planar slotted waveguide antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1231-1233, 2009.
5. Gustafsson, M., "RCS reduction of integrated antenna arrays and radomes with resistive sheets," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 3479-3482, Albuquerque NM, 2006.
6. Bresciani, D., et al., "Design of a 1m dichroic subreflector for K and Ku frequency bands," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1084-1087, San Jose, CA, USA, 1989.
7. Lima, A. D. C. and E. Parker, "Fabry-Perot approach to the design of double layer FSS," IEE Proceedings-Microwaves Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 143, No. 2, 157-162, 1996.
8. Kiani, G. I., et al., "Oblique incidence performance of a novel frequency selective surface absorber," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 10, 2931-2934, 2007.
9. Costa, F. and A. Monorchio, "A frequency selective radome with wideband absorbing properties," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 6, 2740-2747, 2012.
10. Euler, M., et al., "325 GHz single layer sub-millimeter wave FSS based split slot ring linear to circular polarization convertor," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 7, 2457-2459, 2010.
11. Agrawal, V. D., "Design of a dichroic Cassegrain subreflector," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 27, No. 4, 466-473, 1979.
12. Zhang, C., et al., "Research of airborne radomes curved FSS array graphics," Production Technology Branch of China Electronic Institute Electricity Processing Professional Committee of the Sixth Academic Essays, 224-227, 2000.
13. Sanders, R. J., J. D. Shmoldas, and D. A. Wicks, "Dual-frequency millimeter wave and laser radiation receiver,", US, 6268822.2001-07-03, http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6268822.pdf.
14. Hou, X.-Y., P. Zhang, and J. Lu, "A novel frequency selective design for double curved radome," Journal of Projectiles, Rockets, Missiles and Guidance, Vol. 26, 123-125, 2006.
15. Cui, X., "Analysis and simulation of the bandpass radome application based on FSS,", Master Dissertation in Northwestern Polytechnical University, 2006.
16. Bhattacharyya, A. K., High-frequency Techniques: Recent Advance and Applications, 261, John Wiley Interscience, New York, USA, 1995.