Novel types of dual circular polarizer are developed to convert TE10 mode into two different polarizated TE11 modes in a circular waveguide. These designs have MHz bandwidth and high power transmission capability. They can be used for broadcasting and receiving circular polarized signals.
2. Uher, J., J. Bornemann, and U. Rosenberg, Waveguide Components for Antenna Feed Systems: Theory and CAD, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1993.
3. Ihmels, R., U. Papziner, and F. Arndt, "Field theory design of a corrugated septum omt," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 909-912, 1993.
4. Virone, G., R. Tascone, M. Baralis, O. A. Peverini, A. Olivieri, and R. Orta, "A novel design tool for waveguide polarizers," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, No. 3, 888-894, Part 1, Mar. 2005.
5. Zhong, W. Y., B. Li, Q. Y. Fan, and Z. Q. Shen, "X-band compact septum polarizer design," ICMTCE, 167-170, 2011.
6. Jung, Y. B., "Ka-band polariser structure and its antenna application," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, 931-932, 2009.
7. Pisano, G., et al., "A broadbandWR10 turnstile junction orthomode transducer," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, I 286, 2007.
8. Eisenhart, R. L., N. W. Nevils, J. J. Gulick, and R. C. Monzello, "A matched turnstile type 4-way divider/combiner," IEEE Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 166-168, 1983.
9. Aramaki, Y., N. Yoneda, M. Miyazaki, and T. Horie, "Ultra-thin broadband OMT with turnstile junction," IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., Vol. 1, 47-50, Jun. 2003.
10. Chang, C., S. Church, S. G. Tantawi, P. Voll, M. Sieth, and K. Devaraj, "Theory and experiment of a compact waveguide dual circular polarizer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 211-225, 2012.
11. Chang, C., S. Tantawi, S. Church, J. Neilson, and P. V. Larkoski, "Novel compact waveguide dual circular polarizer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 1-16, 2013.
12. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 4 Ed., Wiley, New York, USA, 2011.
13., , HFSS, USA, http://www.ansys.com/.
14. Tantawi, S. G., C. Nantista, N. Kroll, Z. Li, R. Miller, R. Ruth, and P. Wilson, "Multimoded RF delay line distribution system for the next linear collider," Phy. Rev. ST Accel. Beams, Vol. 5, No. 032001, 2002.
15. Chen, X. and S. G. Tantawi, "Conceptual design of an ideal variable coupler for superconducting radiofrequency 1.3GHz cavities," Proceedings of International Particle Accelerator Conference, 2648-2650, Dresden, Germany, 2014.
16. Wang, J., et al., "Fabrication technologies of the high gradient accelerator structures at 100MV/m range," Proceedings of International Particle Accelerator Conference, 3819-3821, Kyoto, Japan, 2010.
17. Tantawi, S. G., C. D. Nantista, V. A. Dolgashev, C. Pearson, J. Nelson, K. Jobe, J. Chan, K. Fant, and J. Frisch, "High-power multimode X-band RF pulse compression system for future linear colliders," Physical Review Special Topics — Accelerators and Beams, Vol. 8, No. 042002, 2005.
18. Treml, C. A., S. K. Brown, and J. D. Bernardin, "Resonance control cooling system for a prototypecoupled cavity linac," Proceeding of 8th International Conference on Accelerator & Large Experimental Physics Control Systems, San Jose, California, US, 2001.