A double printed rotated quadrilateral dipole UWB antenna for wireless communication is presented. The rotation of quadrilateral and modification of integrated balun structure is employed to enhance bandwidth and impedance matching. The proposed antenna shows impedance bandwidth of 3.8-18.1 GHz which covers the entire C, X and Ku bands. The Radiation patterns of the designed antenna structure are relatively stable and omnidirectional over the entire obtained bandwidth with an average gain of 3.6 dB. A good agreement is found between the simulated and experimental results. The proposed antenna has a simple design, comparatively compact size and more bandwidth than previous reported double rhombus antenna.
2. Lule, E., T. Babi, and K. Siwiak, "Analysis using FDTD of ultrawideband dipole antennas," Antenna and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2003.
3. Lule, E., T. Babi, and K. Siwiak, "Diamond dipole antenna for ultrawideband communication,", Vol. 46, 536-538, 2005.
4. Karacokak, T. and E. Topsakal, "A double sided rounded bow tie antenna for UWB communication," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, 446-449, 2006.
5. Eldek, A. A., "Ultrawideband double rhombus antenna with stable radiation patterns for phased array applications," IEEE Transections on Antenna and Propagation, Vol. 55, 84-91, 2007.
6. Liu, J., D. Zhao, and B. Z. Wang, "A beveled and slot loaded planer bow tie antenna for UWB application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 2, 37-46, 2008.
7. Rave, C., T. Jaachke, B. Rohrdantz, and A. F. Jacob, "A curved edge dipole antenna for UWB applications," Proceedings of 43rd European Microwave Conference, 2013.
8. Gao, G. P., X. Xia, and Y. Jin, "Double printed rectangular patch dipole antenna for UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 50, 2450-2452, 2008.
9. Zhang, J. P., Y. S. Xu, and W. D. Wang, "Ultra wideband microstrip fed planer elliptical dipole antenna," Electronic Letter, Vol. 42, 144-145, 2006.
10. Hu, Y. S., M. Li, G. P. Gao, J. S. Zhang, and M. K. Yang, "A double printed trapezoidal patch dipole antenna for UWB applications with band notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 259-269, 2010.
11. Lin, S., R. N. Cai, G. L. Huang, X. Y. Zhang, X. Q. Zhang, and L. Z. Wang, "Study of miniature UWB wafer dipole printed antenna fed by balanced microstrip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 19, 73-83, 2011.
12. Lizzi, L., F. Viani, R. Azaro, and A. Massa, "A PSO driven spline based shaping approach for ultrawide band antenna synthesis," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, 2613-2621, 2008.
13. Schantz, H., "Apparatus for establishing signal coupling between a signal line and an antenna structure,", US patent 6,512,488, 2003.
14. Schantz, H. G., "Bottom fed planar elliptical UWB antennas (IEEE UWBST 2003)," Proceedings of the IEEE UWBST Conference, 2003.
15., "High frequency structure simulator (HFSS),", Ansoft[online] available : http://www.ansys.com.
16., , CST Microwave Studio Suite 2011, CST Inc., 2007.