A broadband rectangular waveguide calorimeter for power sensor calibration in the millimeter-wave region is presented in this study. The calorimeter has a dual-load structure, an operational frequency range of 26.5 GHz to 40 GHz, and high substitution efficiency and sensitivity. Its effective efficiency uncertainty is 0.74%~1.1%.
1. Fantom, A., Radiofrequency & Microwave Power Measurement, Peter Peregrinus Ltds., England, 1990. doi:10.1049/PBEL007E
2. Sucher, M. and H. J. Carlin, "Broadband calorimeters for the measurement of low and medium level microwave power, I: Analysis and design," IRE Trans., Vol. 6, No. 2, 189-194, Apr. 1958.
3. James, A. V. and L. O. Sweet, "Broadband calorimeters for the measurement of low and medium level microwave power, II: Construction and performance," IRE Trans., Vol. 6, No. 2, 195-202, Apr. 1958. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1958.1124537
4. Feng, X. and Y. Wu, "A broadband coaxial low power standard," Acta Metrologica Sinica, Vol. 1, 299-302, Oct. 1980.
5. Juroshek, J. R., "NIST 0.05 ∼ 50 GHz direct comparison power calibration system," Conference on Presicion Electromagnetic Measurements Digest, Vol. 30, No. 1, 166-167, 2000.