This paper presents an unequal-split Bagley power divider that consists of uniform transmission lines and is terminated at different impedances. This divider should be only adjusted by altering the length of the transmission lines. Such alteration of the transmission lines will result in an arbitrary power ratio between output ports. The Bagley divider consists of uniform transmission lines of same characteristic impedance value despite different impedances for input and output port termination. For analysis, two Bagley dividers are considered, one 3-way and one 5-way divider, both with arbitrary power ratio and arbitrary termination impedances. A good agreement can be observed between the simulated and measured results.
2. Hansen, R. C., Phase Array Antennas, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2009.
3. Au-Yeung, C.-F. and K.-K. M. Cheng, "IMS reduction in CMOS double-balanced mixer using multibias dual-gate transistor," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory & Tech., Vol. 54, No. 1, 4-9, Jan. 2006.
4. Lim, J. S., S.W. Lee, C. S. Kim, J. S. Park, D. Ahn, and S. W. Nam, "A 4 : 1 unequalWilkinson power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 11, No. 3, 124-126, Mar. 2001.
5. Chen, Y.-T., P.-H. Deng, B.-L. Chen, W. Lo, and T.-H. Hsieh, "Design of a microstrip out-of-phase power divider using shorted-coupled-line transformer," 2015 Asia-pacific Microwave Conference, Nanjing, China, Dec. 2015.
6. Ko, Y. J., J. Y. Park, and J. U. Bu, "Fully integrated unequal Wilkinson power divider with EBG CPW," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 13, No. 7, 276-278, Jul. 2003.
7. Moradian, M. and H. Oaraizi, "Application of grooved substrates for design of unequal Wilkinson power dividers," IET Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 1, 32-33, Jan. 2008.
8. Horst, S., R. Bairavasubramanian, M. M. Tentzeris, and J. Papapolymerou, "Modified Wilkinson power dividers for millimeter-wave integrated circuits," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory & Tech., Vol. 55, No. 11, 2439-2446, Nov. 2007.
9. Zhu, Y.-Z., X.-J. Zhang, X.-F. Wu, C. Li, and G.-Y. Fang, "Novel Wilkinson power divider with uniform impedance line," 2008 Asia-pacific Microwave Conference, Macau, China, Dec. 2008.
10. Cheng, K.-K. M. and P.-W. Li, "A novel power divider design with unequal power diving ratio and simple layout," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory & Tech., Vol. 57, No. 6, 1589-1594, Jun. 2009.
11. Qi, T., S. He, Z. Dai, and W. Shi, "Novel unequal power divider with 50Ω characteristic impedance lines," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 26, No. 3, 180-182, Mar. 2016.
12. Park, M.-J. and B.-J. Lee, "Design of ring couplers for arbitrary power division with 50Ω lines," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 4, 185-187, Apr. 2011.
13. Feng, L., Q.-X. Chu, Z. Gong, and Z. Lin, "Compact broadband Gysel power divider with arbitrary power dividing ratio using microstrip/slotline phase inverter," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory & Tech., Vol. 60, No. 5, 1226-1234, May 2012.
14. Yoon, Y.-C. and Y. Kim, "Unequal Bagley power divider using uniform transmission lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium, Spring (PIERS), 1184-1187, St Petersburg, Russia, May 22–25, 2017.
15. Burberry, R. A., VHF and UHF Antennas, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London, 1992.
16. Sakagami, I., T. Wuren, M. Fujii, and M. Tahara, "Compact multi-way power dividers similar to the Bagley polygon," IEEE Int. Microwave Symposium, 419-422, Honolulu, Jun. 2007.
17. Qaroot, A., K. Shamaileh, and N. Dib, "Design and analysis of dual-frequency modified 3-way Bagley power dividers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 20, 67-81, 2011.
18. Shamaileh, K., A. Qaroot, and N. Dib, "Design of miniaturized 3-way Bagley polygon power divider using non-uniform transmission lines," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), Spokane, Jul. 2011.
19. Omar, A.-A. and N. Dib, "Design and analysis of dual-frequency unequal split Bagley power dividers," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), Chicago, Jul. 2012.
20. Omar, A.-A., N. Dib, K. A. Shamaileh, and A. Sheta, "Design and analysis of unequal split Bagley power dividers," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 102, No. 3, 500-513, 2015.