In order to solve a key issue about power and data wireless transmission of implantable medical devices, M-ary differentially-encoded amplitude and phase-shift Keying (MDAPSK) is employed to balance the frequency selective contradiction in this paper. Subsequently, bio-capacitor model and biological path loss model are introduced to improve the accuracy of conventional wireless power transmission efficiency model. Based on 16DAPSK modulation, biological channel error rate analysis model is set up. Compared with experiment data, accuracy of the model is proved. Error codes suppression and error codes correction methods are optimized, and the optimization results have been verified by experiments. Lastly, it can be found that the power and data synchronized wireless transmission scheme is feasible. This work provides a new solution and model reference for power and data wireless transmission of implantable medical devices.
2. Ghenim, A., D. Daoud, M. Ghorbel, A. B. Hamida, and J. Tomas, "A dual band wireless power and DPSK data telemetry for biomedical implants," Proceedings of the International Conference on Microelectronics, 1-5, Tunisia, December 19-22, 2011.
3. Ramrakhyani, A. K. and G. Lazzi, Wireless Applications: Dual Band Power and Data Telemetry, Springer, New York, 2015.
4. Wang, G., P. Wang, Y. Tang, and W. Liu, "Analysis of dual band power and data telemetry for biomedical implants," IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits & Systems, Vol. 6, 208-215, 2012.
5. Zhou, M., M. R. Yuce, and W. Liu, "A non-coherent dpsk data receiver with interference cancellation for dual-band transcutaneous telemetries," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 43, 2003-2012, 2008.
6. Wang, G., W. Liu, M. Sivaprakasam, M. Zhou, J. D. Weiland, and M. S. Humayun, "A dual band wireless power and data telemetry for retinal prosthesis," Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 4392-4395, New York, USA, August 30-September 3, 2006.
7. Li, X., Y. Yang, N. Yu, and S. Qiao, "Simultaneous energy and data wireless transfer attenuation in biological channel of deep implantable medical devices: Characteristic analysis and modeling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 56, 169-177, 2017.
8. Qin, Y. J., H. Kiyoshi, and Y. A. Liu, "A novel demodulation decoding method for coded 16dapsk signals," Journal of Electronics & Information Technology, Vol. 28, 1645-1648, 2006.
9. Adachi, F., "Error rate analysis of differentially encoded and detected 16apsk under rician fading," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 45, 1-11, 2002.
10. Kurs, A., A. Karalis, R. Moffatt, J. D. Joannopoulos, P. Fisher, and M. Soljacic, "Wireless power transfer via strongly coupled magnetic resonances," Science, Vol. 317, 83-86, 2007.
11. Zlatanov, N., D. W. K. Ng, and R. Schober, "Capacity of the two-hop relay channel with wireless energy transfer from relay to source and energy transmission cost," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 16, 647-662, 2016.
12. Maehara, D., G. K. Tran, K. Sakaguchi, and K. Araki, "Experimental study on battery-less sensor network activated by multi-point wireless energy transmission," IEICE Transactions on Communications, Vol. E99.B, No. 4, 135-150, 2016.
13. Li, X., Y. Yang, and Y. Gao, "Visual prosthesis wireless energy transfer system optimal modeling," Biomedical Engineering Online, Vol. 13, 1-11, 2014.
14. Gabriel, S., R. W. Lau, and C. Gabriel, "The dielectric properties of biological tissues: III. Parametric models for the dielectric spectrum of tissues," Physics in Medicine & Biology, Vol. 41, 2271-2293, 1996.
15. Chen, K., Z. Yang, L. Hoang, J. Weiland, M. Humayun, and W. Liu, "An integrated 256-channel epiretinal prosthesis," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 45, 1946-1956, 2010.
16. Khaleghi, A., R. Chavez-Santiago, and I. Balasingham, "Ultra-wideband pulse-based data communications for medical implants," IET Communications, Vol. 4, 1889-1897, 2010.
17. Chae, M. S., Z. Yang, M. R. Yuce, L. Hoang, and W. Liu, "A 128-channel 6mw wireless neural recording ic with spike feature extraction and uwb transmitter," IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering, Vol. 17, 312-321, 2009.
18. Li, X., C. Y. Tsui, and W. H. Ki, "A 13.56 MHz wireless power transfer system with reconfigurable resonant regulating rectifier and wireless power control for implantable medical devices," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 50, 978-989, 2015.