In this paper, a circularly polarized slot-patch antenna for nanosatellite is presented. The novel design of the circularly polarized wave conducted by two asymmetrical rectangular-truncation techniques implemented on a circularly-slotted-patch on the front side and a deformed-shifted-feedline on the back side of the substrate. The antenna is printed on substrates with the dielectric constant of 2.17 and thickness of 1.6 mm. The resonant frequency of the proposed antenna is set at 2.2 GHz with the minimum requirement of the axial ratio bandwidth (ARBW) of 300 MHz. The proposed antenna produces under -10 dB impedance bandwidth (IBW) 1.2765 GHz or equal to 58% (1.7235-3 GHz) with Left-Handed Circular Polarization (LHCP). The average antenna gain reaches 4.5 dBic at 2.2 GHz and the ARBW 327.5 MHz or about 14.88% (2.0275-2.355 GHz). This paper includes the description and presentation of the completed discussion.
2. Sri Sumantyo, J. T., "Development of microsatellites for atmospheric and land deformation observation," Asia Oceania Geoscience Symposium (AOGS), 219, July 28, 2014.
3. Pansomboon, R., C. Phongcharoenpanich, and R. Phudpong, "Design of a dual-band quadrifilar helical antenna for radio beacon receiver," ISPACS, 2011.
4. Bernhardt, P. A. and C. L. Siefring, "New satellite-based systems for ionospheric tomography and scintillation region imaging," Radio Science, Vol. 41, RS5S23, 2006, doi:10.1029/ 2005RS003360.
5. Sri Sumantyo, J. T., K. Ito, D. Delaune, H. Yoshimura, and T. Tanaka, "Simple satellite-tracking dual-band triangular-patch array antenna for ETS-VIII applications," APS Conference, 2004.
6. Sri Sumantyo, J. T., K. Ito, and M. Takahashi, "Dual-band circularly polarized equilateral triangular-patch array antenna for mobile satellite communications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3477-3485, November 2005.
7. Awaludin, A., J. T. Sri Sumantyo, C. E. Santosa, and M. Z. Baharuddin, "Axial ratio enhancement of equilateral triangular-ring slot antenna using coupled diagonal line slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 70, 99-109, 2016.
8. Baharuddin, M., V. Wissan, J. T. Sri Sumantyo, and H. Kuze, "Equilateral triangular microstrip antenna for circularly-polarized synthetic aperture radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 8, 107-120, 2009.
9. Suzuki, Y., N. Miyano, and T. Chiba, "Circularly polarised radiation from singly fed equilateraltriangular microstrip antenna," Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 134, No. 2, 194-198, April 1987.
10. Karimabadi, S. S., Y. Mohsenzadeh, A. R. Attari, and S. M. Moghadasi, "Bandwidth enhancement of single-feed circularly polarized equilateral triangular microstrip antenna," PIERS Proceedings, 147-150, Hangzou, China, March 24–28, 2008.
11. Yang, L., N.W. Liu, Z. Y. Zhang, G. Fu, Q. Liu, and S.-L. Zuo, "A novel single feed omnidirectional circularly polarized antenna with wide AR bandwidth," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 51, 35-43, 2014.
12. Chen, L., X. Ren, Y. Yin, and Z.Wang, "Broadband CPW-fed circularly polarized antenna with an irregular slot for 2.45 GHz RFID reader," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 41, 77-86, 2013.
13. Cai, Y. M., K. Li, Y. Z. Yin, and X. Ren, "Dual-band circularly polarized antenna combining slot and microstrip modes for GPS with HIS ground plane," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1129-1132, 2015.
14. Wong, K. L. and J. Y. Wu, "Single-feed small circularly polarized square microstrip antenna," Electron. Letter., Vol. 33, 1833-1834, October 23, 1997.
15. Kurniawan, F., J. T. Sri Sumantyo, G. S. Prabowo, and A. Munir, "Wide bandwidth left-handed circularly polarized printed antenna with crescent slot," 2017 Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium — Spring (PIERS), 1047-1050, Russia, 2017.
16. Iwasaki, H., "A circularly polarized small-size microstrip antenna with a cross slot," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 44, No. 10, 1399-1401, October 1996.
17. Lu, J. H., C. L. Tang, and K.-L. Wong, "Single-feed slotted equilateral-triangular microstrip antenna for circular polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 7, 1174-1178, July 1999.
18. Kurniawan, F., J. T. Sri Sumantyo, K. Ito, H. Kuze, and S. Gao, "Patch antenna using rectangular centre slot and circular ground slot for Circularly Polarized Synthetic Aperture Radar (CP-SAR) application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 160, 51-61, 2017.
19. Hsieh, G., M. Chen, and K. Wong, "Single-feed dual-band circularly polarized microstrip antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 34, No. 12, 1170-1171, 1998.
20. Aziz, M. Z. A., N. A. D. A. Mufit, M. K. Suaidi, A. Rahim, and M. R. Kamaruddin, "Design Xcircular polarized with slanted rectangular slot by using single port," Proceedings of ISAP, Nagoya, Japan, 2012.
21. Ghali, H. A. and T. A. Moselhy, "Broad-band and circularly polarized space-filling-based slot antennas," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 6, 1946-1950, June 2005.
22. Valagiannopoulos, A. C., "Electromagnetic propagation into parallel-plate waveguide in the presence of a skew metallic surface," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 31, 2009.
23. Chang, T. and J. Lin, "Circularly polarized antenna having two linked slot-rings," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 8, 3057-3060, August 2011.