A bearingless switched reluctance motor (BSRM) has the same body structure as a switched reluctance motor (SRM), but the winding method is different. The accurate analysis of thermal characteristics is especially important for the service life and safety performance of the two motors. According to the initial design parameters, the initial size calculation equations of SRM and BSRM are given, and the ontology design parameters are obtained according to the same design goal. The two-dimensional finite element model is established, and the stator rotor iron loss is analyzed. The distribution characteristics of iron loss of SRM and BSRM are summarized. Secondly, the three-temperature field model of the motor is built, and the reasonable boundary conditions are set. The temperature distribution law of the two motors is analyzed. It is concluded that the BSRM components have lower loss and lower temperature rise under the same design target.
1. Liaw, C. M., et al., "Development and operation control of a switched-reluctance motor driven flywheel," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. PP, No. 99, 1-1, 2018.
2. Sotelo, G. G., et al., "High-speed flywheel system with switched reluctance motor/generator," IEEE Industry Applications Society Conference, V Induscon, Vol. 1, IEEE, 2002.
3. Inamura, S., T. Sakai, and K. Sawa, "A temperature rise analysis of switched reluctance motor due to the core and copper loss by FEM," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 39, No. 3, 1554-1557, 2003. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2003.810358
4. Castano, S. M., et al., "Radial forces and vibration analysis in an external-rotor switched reluctance machine," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 11, No. 2, 252-259, 2017. doi:10.1049/iet-epa.2016.0197
5. Materu, P. N. and R. Krishnan, "Estimation of switched reluctance motor losses," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 28, No. 3, 668-679, 1992. doi:10.1109/28.137456
6. Chen, H., Y. Xu, and H. C. Iu, "Analysis of temperature distribution in power converter for switched reluctance motor drive," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 48, No. 2, 991-994, 2012. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2174968
7. Sun, H., et al., "Analysis of temperature field in switched reluctance motor based on finite-element," Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, Vol. 2, 597-601, 2008.
8. Boivie, J., "Iron loss model and measurements of the losses in a switched reluctance motor," 1993 Sixth International Conference on Electrical Machines and Drives. IET, 219-222, 1993.
9. Liu, C., et al., "Design and performance analysis of magnetic field modulated flux-switching permanent magnet machine based on electrical-thermal bi-directional coupling design method," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 37, No. 21, 623-6245, 2017.
10. Yu, Q., B. Bilgin, and A. Emadi, "Loss and efficiency analysis of switched reluctance machines using a new calculation method," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 62, No. 5, 3072-3080, 2015. doi:10.1109/TIE.2015.2392716
11. Yang, Y., et al., "Thermal management of electric machines," IET Electrical Systems in Transportation, Vol. 7, No. 2, 104-116, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-est.2015.0050
12. Eit, M. A., et al., "Perturbation finite element method for efficient copper losses calculation in switched reluctance machines," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 53, No. 6, 1-4, 2017. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2017.2655339
13. Li, G. J., et al., "Comparative studies between classical and mutually coupled switched reluctance motors using thermal-electromagnetic analysis for driving cycles," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 47, No. 4, 839-847, 2011. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2104968
14. Sun, Y., B. Zhang, Y. Yuan, and F. Yang, "Thermal characteristics of switched reluctance motor under different working conditions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 74, 11-23, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERM18071301
15. Liu, J., et al., "Iron loss characteristic for the novel bearingless switched reluctance motor ," 2013 International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 586-591, 2013.
16. Arbab, N., et al., "Thermal modeling and analysis of a double-stator switched reluctance motor," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 30, No. 3, 1209-1217, 2015. doi:10.1109/TEC.2015.2424400