In this paper, we study a double intelligent reflect surface (IRS) aided secrecy transmission design in multiple-input single-output (MISO) channel. Specifically, we investigate a joint active and passive beamforming design to maximize the secrecy rate, subject to multiple non-convex constraints. An alternating optimization (AO) method is proposed, where the unit modulus constraints are handled by the alternating direction of multipliers method (ADMM) and majorization-minimization (MM) methods. Simulation results show the superiority of the proposed design.
1. Donelli, M. and P. Febvre, "An inexpensive reconfigurable planar array for Wi-Fi applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 28, 71-81, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERC12012304
2. Donelli, M., T. Moriyama, and M. Manekiya, "A compact switched-beam planar antenna array for wireless sensors operating at Wi-Fi band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 83, 137-145, 2018. doi:10.2528/PIERC18012004
3. Rocca, P., M. Donelli, G. Oliveri, F. Viani, and A. Massa, "Reconfigurable sum-difference pattern by means of parasitic elements for forward-looking monopulse radar," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 7, No. 7, 747-754, 2013. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2012.0300
4. Hu, S., F. Rusek, and O. Edfors, "Beyond massive MIMO: The potential of data transmission with large intelligent surfaces," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 66, No. 10, 2746-2758, May 2018. doi:10.1109/TSP.2018.2816577
5. Lyu, J. and R. Zhang, "Spatial throughput characterization for intelligent reflecting surface aided multiuser system," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 6, 834-838, Jun. 2020. doi:10.1109/LWC.2020.2972527
6. Yan, W., X. Yuan, Z.-Q. He, and X. Kuai, "Passive beamforming and information transfer design for reconfigurable intelligent surfaces aided multiuser MIMO systems," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 38, No. 8, 1793-1808, Aug. 2020. doi:10.1109/JSAC.2020.3000811
7. Tang, W., M. Chen, J. Dai, Y. Zeng, X. Zhao, S. Jin, Q. Cheng, and T. Cui, "Wireless communications with programmable metasurface new paradigms, opportunities, and challenges on transceiver design," IEEE Wireless Commun., Vol. 27, No. 2, 180-187, Apr. 2020. doi:10.1109/MWC.001.1900308
8. Wu, Q. and R. Zhang, "Towards smart and reconfigurable environment: Intelligent reflecting surface aided wireless networks," IEEE Commun. Mag., Vol. 58, No. 1, 106-112, Jan. 2020. doi:10.1109/MCOM.001.1900107
9. Gong, S., X. Lu, D. Hoang, D. Niyato, L. Shu, D. Kim, and Y. C. Liang, "Towards smart wireless communications via intelligent reflecting surfaces: A contemporary survey," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tut., June 2020.
10. Huang, C., A. Zappone, G. C. Alexandropoulos, M. Debbah, and C. Yuen, "Reconfigurable intelligent surfaces for energy efficiency in wireless communication," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol. 18, No. 8, 4157-4170, Aug. 2019. doi:10.1109/TWC.2019.2922609
11. Guo, H., Y. Liang, J. Chen, and E. G. Larsson, "Weighted sum-rate optimization for intelligent reflecting surface enhanced wireless networks,", 2019, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.07920. doi:10.1109/TWC.2019.2922609
12. Cao, Y., T. Lv, Z. Lin, W. Ni, and N. C. Beaulieu, "Delay-constrained joint power control, user detection and passive beamforming in intelligent reflecting surface assisted uplink mmWave system,", 2019, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/1912.10030. doi:10.1109/TWC.2019.2922609
13. Yuan, J., Y. C. Liang, J. Joung, G. Feng, and E. G. Larsson, "Intelligent reflecting surface-assisted cognitive radio system,", 2019, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/1912.10678. doi:10.1109/TWC.2019.2922609
14. Pan, C., H. Ren, K. Wang, M. Elkashlan, A. Nallanathan, J. Wang, and L. Hanzo, "Intelligent reflecting surface aided MIMO broadcasting for simultaneous wireless information and power transfer," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 38, No. 8, 1719-1734, Aug. 2020. doi:10.1109/JSAC.2020.3000802
15. Li, S., B. Duo, X. Yuan, Y. Liang, and M. Renzo, "Reconfigurable intelligent surface assisted UAV communication: Joint trajectory design and passive beamforming," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 5, 716-720, May 2020. doi:10.1109/LWC.2020.2966705
16. Feng, K., Q. Wang, X. Li, and C.-K. Wen, "Deep reinforcement learning based intelligent reflecting surface optimization for MISO communication systems," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 5, 745-749, May 2020. doi:10.1109/LWC.2020.2969167
17. Chen, X., D. W. K. Ng, W. Gerstacker, and H.-H. Chen, "A survey on multiple-antenna techniques for physical layer security," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tut., Vol. 19, No. 2, 1027-1053, 2nd Quart. 2017. doi:10.1109/COMST.2016.2633387
18. Hamamreh, J. M., H. M. Furqan, and H. Arslan, "Classifications and applications of physical layer security techniques for confidentiality: A comprehensive survey," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tut., Vol. 21, No. 2, 1773-1828, 2nd Quart. 2019. doi:10.1109/COMST.2018.2878035
19. Jameel, F., S. Wyne, G. Kaddoum, and T. Q. Duong, "A comprehensive survey on cooperative relaying and jamming strategies for physical layer security," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tut., Vol. 21, No. 3, 2734-2771, 3rd Quart. 2019. doi:10.1109/COMST.2018.2865607
20. Chu, Z., W. Hao, P. Xiao, and J. Shi, "Intelligent reflecting surface aided multi-antenna secure transmission," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 1, 108-112, Jan. 2020. doi:10.1109/LWC.2019.2943559
21. Guan, X., Q. Wu, and R. Zhang, "Intelligent reflecting surface assisted secrecy communication: Is artificial noise helpful or not?," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 6, 778-782, Jun. 2020. doi:10.1109/LWC.2020.2969629
22. Wang, H., J. Bai, and L. Dong, "Intelligent reflecting surfaces assisted secure transmission without eavesdropper’s CSI," IEEE Signal Process. Lett., Vol. 27, 1300-1304, Jul. 2020.
23. Dong, L. and H. Wang, "Enhancing secure MIMO transmission via intelligent reflecting surface," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol. 19, No. 11, 7543-7556, 2020. doi:10.1109/TWC.2020.3012721
24. Dong, L. and H.-M. Wang, "Secure MIMO transmission via intelligent reflecting surface," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 6, 787-790, Jun. 2020. doi:10.1109/LWC.2020.2969664
25. Hong, S., C. Pan, H. Ren, K. Wang, and A. Nallanathan, "Artificial-noise-aided secure MIMO wireless communications via intelligent reflecting surface," IEEE Trans. Commun., Vol. 68, No. 12, 7851-7866, 2020. doi:10.1109/TCOMM.2020.3024621
26. Niu, H. and L. Ni, "Intelligent reflect surface aided secure transmission in MIMO channel with SWIPT," IEEE Access, Vol. 8, 192132-192140, Oct. 2020.
27. Yu, X., D. Xu, Y. Sun, D. W. K. Ng, and R. Schober, "Robust and secure wireless communications via intelligent reflecting surfaces," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 38, No. 11, 2637-2652, Nov. 2020. doi:10.1109/JSAC.2020.3007043
28. Wang, Q., F. Zhou, R. Q. Hu, and Y. Qian, "Energy efficient robust beamforming and cooperative jamming design for IRS-assisted MISO networks,", 2020, [online], avaiable: https://arxiv.org/abs/2012.04843. doi:10.1109/JSAC.2020.3007043
29. Han, Y., S. Zhang, L. Duan, and R. Zhang, "Cooperative double-IRS aided communication beamforming design and power scaling," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., Vol. 9, No. 8, 1206-1210, Aug. 2020. doi:10.1109/LWC.2020.2986290
30. You, C., B. Zheng, and R. Zhang, "Wireless communication via double IRS: Channel estimation and passive beamforming designs,", 2020, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/2008.11439. doi:10.1109/LWC.2020.2986290
31. Zheng, B., C. You, and R. Zhang, "Double-IRS assisted multi-user MIMO: Cooperative passive beamforming design,", 2020, [Online], available: https://arxiv.org/abs/2009.13701. doi:10.1109/LWC.2020.2986290
32. Fan, W., J. Liang, and J. Li, "Constant modulus MIMO radar waveform design with minimum peak sidelobe transmit beampattern," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 66, No. 16, 4207-4222, Aug. 2018. doi:10.1109/TSP.2018.2847636
33. Yu, X., D. Xu, and R. Schober, "Enabling secure wireless communications via intelligent reflecting surfaces," Proc. IEEE Global Commun. Conf., 1-6, Waikoloa, HI, USA, Dec. 2019.