This paper proposes an SRLSM with segmental stator pole. The segmented SRLSM which is known as SSRLSM was designed for domestic lift application. The SSRLSM was designed to fulfill the design target requirement where the lift must be able to transport a maximum 200 kg payload. This payload requires a motor with more than 2000 N thrust force at rated power of 1.5 kW. The rated current is 2.5 A. However, for the excitation current, the maximum current is taken twice of the rated current which is 5.0 A. The design of the SSRLSM was completed in two stages. The first stage is to design the stator pole length, lst, while the second stage is to design the stator pole thickness, tst. The designed models were simulated with FEM software. The simulation results show that the highest thrust produced in first stage is 6773 N. The thrust is produced by the model with stator pole length, lst, of 120 mm. Meanwhile, in the second stage, the model with the stator pole thickness, tst, of 20 mm produced the highest thrust. The thrust obtained from the model is 6903 N. Based on the analysis, the final model was selected. The model has the stator pole length, lst, and stator pole thickness, tst, of 120 mm and 20 mm, respectively.
1. Wu, Z. and Y. Xiang, "Linear rotary converter. A new technology for sea wave application," 2017 OCEANS, 1-5, 2017.
2. Huang, Y., S. Zhou, G. Bao, and Z. Wang, "Design and optimization for unilateral flat permanent linear motor," CSAE 2012 — Proceedings, 2012 IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering, Vol. 1, 687-691, 2012.
3. Hirayama, T., T. Hiraishi, and S. Kawabata, "Study on transfer system with both long-distance driving and high positioning accuracy using linear switched reluctance motor," 2016 19th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS), 1-4, 2016.
4. Masoudi, S., M. B. Banna Sharifian, and M. R. Feyzi, "Force ripple and jerk minimisation in double sided linear switched reluctance motor used in elevator application," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 10, No. 6, 508-516, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-epa.2015.0555
5. Wang, D. H., X. H. Wang, C. L. Shao, and Z. L. Wang, "Analysis and design of an annular winding dual side stator linear switch reluctance machine for ropless elevator driving system," 2015 IEEE International Conference on Applied Superconductivity and Electromagnetic Devices (ASEMD), 322-323, 2015. doi:10.1109/ASEMD.2015.7453594
6. Fernandez, J. R. and P. Cortez, "A survey of elevator group control systems for vertical transportation: A look at recent literature," IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Vol. 35, No. 4, 38-55, 2015. doi:10.1109/MCS.2015.2427045
7. Anand, R. and M. Mahesh, "Vertical transportation: an overview on system integration with advance technology," 2017 International Conference on Smart Technologies for Smart Nation (SmartTechCon), 476-479, 2017. doi:10.1109/SmartTechCon.2017.8358419
8. Wang, D., X. Du, D. Zhang, and X. Wang, "Design, optimization, and prototyping of segmental-type linear switched-reluctance motor with a toroidally wound mover for vertical propulsion application," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 65, No. 2, 1865-1874, 2018. doi:10.1109/TIE.2017.2740824
9. Oshima, S., S. Tahara, and K. Ogawa, "Thrust and thrust ripple of linear reluctance motor compared permanent linear synchronous motor," 15th Inter. Conf. on Electrical Machine and Systems (ICEMS) 2012, 1-4, 2012.
10. Yoon, K. and B. Kwon, "Optimal design of a new interior permanent magnet motor using a flaredshape arrangement of ferrite magnets," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 52, No. 7, 1-4, 2016. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2016.2524505
12. Mecrow, B. C., J. W. Finch, E. A. El-Kharashi, and A. G. Jack, "Switched reluctance motors with segmental rotors," IEE Proc. — Electr. Power Appl., Vol. 149, No. 4, 245-254, 2002. doi:10.1049/ip-epa:20020345
13. Anand, R. and M. Mahesh, "Analysis of elevator drives energy consumptions with permanent magnet machines," 2016 IEEE Smart Energy Grid Engineering (SEGE), 186-190, 2016. doi:10.1109/SEGE.2016.7589523
14. Kamarudin, H., N. R. Muhamad Ariff, W. Z. Wan Ismail, A. F. Bakri, and Z. Ithnin, "Malaysian scenario on access and facilities for persons with disabilities: A literature review," MATEC Web of Conferences, Vol. 15, No. 01019, 2014.
15. Yamamoto, Y. and H. Yamada, "Analysis of magnetic circuit and starting characteristics of flat-type linear pulse motor with permanent magnets," T. IEE Japan, Vol. 104-B, No. 5, 265-272, 1984.