A self-quadruplexing antenna based on substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) is presented. A slot is engraved on its top surface of the SIW cavity, which generates four different resonant frequencies (around 6.54, 7.64, 8.30, and 9.60 GHz) when it is excited by four 50 Ω microstrip feed lines. Also, each resonant frequency can be controlled independently. Due to a quarter mode (QM) cavity, the antenna size becomes compact. The measured results show that the isolation between any two ports ismore than 32 dB, and the estimated gain is more than 7.8 dBi at the operating frequencies. The proposed design is simple to fabricate, compact, and easy to integrate with the planner circuits.
2. Lu, Y. C. and Y. C. Lin, "A mode-based design method for dual-band and self-diplexing antennas using double T-stubs loaded aperture," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 12, 5596-5603, Dec. 2012.
3. Liu, H., P. Wen, S. Zhu, B. Ren, X. Gua, and H. Yu, "Quad-band CPW-fed monopole antenna based on flexible pentangle-loop radiator," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1373-1376, 2015.
4. Zeng, S. J., J. Y. Wu, and W. H. Tu, "Compact and high isolation quadruplexes using distributed coupling technique," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 21, No. 4, 197-199, Apr. 2011.
5. Mukherjee, S., A. Biswas, and K. V. Srivastava, "Substrate integrated waveguide cavity-backed dumbbell-shaped slot antenna for dual-frequency applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1314-1317, 2015.
6. Xu, F. and K. Wu, "Guided-wave and leakage characteristics of substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 53, No. 1, 66-73, Jan. 2005.
7. Kumar, A. and S. Raghavan, "Planar cavity-backed self-diplexing antenna using two-layered structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 76, 91-96, 2018.
8. Nandi, S. and A. Mohan, "An SIW cavity-backed self-diplexing antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 2708-2711, 2017.
9. Cheong, P., K. F. Chang, W. W. Choi, and K. W. Tam, "A highly integrated antenna-triplexer with simultaneous three-port isolations based on multimode excitation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 1, 363-368, Jan. 2015.
10. Kumar, K. and S. Dwari, "Substrate integrated waveguide cavity-backed self-triplexing slot antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 3249-3252, 2017.
11. Chaturvedi, D., A. Kumar, and S. Raghavan, "An integrated SIW cavity-backed slot antenna-triplexer," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 8, 1557-1560, Aug. 2018.
12. Jin, C., R. Li, A. Alphones, and X. Bao, "Quarter-mode substrate integrated waveguide and its application to antennas design," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 6, 2921-2928, Jun. 2013.
13. Kumar, K., S. Priya, S. Dwari, and M. K. Mandal, "Self-quadruplexing circularly polarized SIW cavity-backed slot antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 68, No. 8, 6419-6423, Aug. 2020.
14. Kumar, A. and S. Raghava, "Self-triplexing SIW cavity-backed slot antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 5, 772-775, 2018.