A compact pot-shaped Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) Antenna with Triple notched band characteristics is presented for Ultra Wide Band (UWB) Applications. The comprehensive dimension of the presented antenna is 17×32 mm2. The presented antenna has two identical pot-shaped radiators, 7-shaped stubs, T-shaped strips, M and C-shaped slots. Two novel 7-shaped stubs are connected to the antenna ground plane to obtain -22 dB enhanced isolation. The presented antenna works from 2.95 to 12.1 GHz with triple stopped WiMAX, WLAN, and X bands. A novel T-shaped strip is connected to the antenna ground plane to stop the WiMAX band (3.3-4.4) GHz. C and M-shaped slots are etched in the antenna radiators to stop WLAN (5.20-6.12) GHz and X (7.6-8.15) GHz bands respectively. The peak gain of the proposed antenna is from 1.5 to 5 dB with a radiation efficiency of 80-90%. The Envelope Correlation Coefficient (ECC) of the proposed antenna is less than 0.01 with a Diversity Gain greater than 9.99 except for the notched bands.
Muhammad Kabir Khan,
"Design and Experimental Validation of UWB MIMO Antenna with Triple Band-Notched Characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 116, 51-64, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC21081001
1. Khan, M. I., M. I. Khattak, G. Witjaksono, Z. U. Barki, S. Ullah, I. Khan, and B. M. Lee, "Experimental investigation of a planar antenna with band rejection features for ultra-wide band (UWB) wireless networks," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2019, Art no. 2164716, 2019.
2. Chen, Z., W. Zhou, and J. Hong, "A miniaturized MIMO antenna with triple band-notched characteristics for UWB applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 63646-63655, 2021. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3074511
3. Iqbal, A., U. A. Saraereh, A. W. Ahmed, and S. Bashir, "Mutual coupling reduction using F-shaped stubs in UWB-MIMO antenna," IEEE Access, No. 6, 2755-2759, 2018. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2785232
4. Zhang, J. Y., F. Zhang, W. P. Tian, and Y. L. Luo, "ACS-fed UWB-MIMO antenna with shared radiator," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 7, 1301-1302, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2015.1327
5. Roshna, T. K., U. Deepak, V. R. Sajitha, K. Vasudeven, and P. Mohan, "A compact UWB MIMO antenna with re ector to enhance isolation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 63, No. 4, 1873-1877, 2015. doi:10.1109/TAP.2015.2398455
6. Liu, L., S. W. Cheung, and T. I. Yuk, "Compact MIMO antenna for portable devices in UWB applications," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 8, 4257-4264, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2263277
7. Mathur, R. and S. Dwari, "A compact UWB-MIMO with dual grounded CRR for isolation improvement," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 29, Art no. e21500, 2019.
8. Deng, J. Y., L. X. Guo, and X. L. Liu, "An ultra-wideband MIMO antenna with a high isolation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 15, 182-185, 2016. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2015.2437713
9. Khan, M. K., Q. Feng, and Z. Zheng, "Experimental investigation and design of UWB MIMO antenna with enhanced isolation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 107, 287-297, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC20103002
10. Sarkar, D., K. Sarkar, and K. Saurav, "A compact microstrip-fed triple band-notched UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 396-399, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2306812
11. Modirkhazeni, A., P. Rezaei, and I. A. Lafmajani, "Compact UWB antennas with inverted E- and F-shaped slots for bandnotch characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 56, 107-113, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERL15071403
12. Sharbati, V., P. Rezaei, and M. M. Fakhrian, "Compact planar UWB antenna with enhanced bandwidth and switchable band-notch function for WLAN and DSRC," IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 63, No. 6, 805-812, 2017. doi:10.1080/03772063.2017.1329634
13. Kuamr, A., A. Q. Ansari, B. K. Kanaujia, J. Kishor, and S. Kumar, "An ultra-compact two-port UWB-MIMO antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEÜ), Vol. 114, Art no. 152997, 2020.
14. Du, C. and G. Jin, "A compact CPW-fed band-notched UWB-MIMO flexible antenna for WBAN application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 35, No. 8, 1046-1058, 2021. doi:10.1080/09205071.2020.1868354
15. Luo, S., D. Wang, Y. Chen, E. Li, and C. Jiang, "A compact dual-port UWB-MIMO antenna with quadruple band-notched characteristics," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEÜ), Vol. 136, Art no. 153770, 2021.
16. Zhang, J., L. Wang, and W. Zhang, "A novel dual band-notched CPW-fed UWB MIMO antenna with mutual coupling reduction characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 90, 21-28, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERL19122703
17. Sampath, R. and K. T. Selvan, "Compact hybrid Sierpinski Koch fractal UWB MIMO antenna with pattern diversity," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer Aided Engineering, Vol. 30, Art no. e22017, 2020.
18. Masoodi, I. S., I. Ishteyaq, K. Muzaffar, and M. I. Magray, "A compact band notched antenna with high isolation for UWB MIMO applications," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 1-7, 2020.
19. Vyas, K. and R. P. Yadav, "Planar suspended line technique based UWB-MIMO antenna having dual-band notching characteristics," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 1-10, 2020.
20. Li, D. H., F. S. Zhang, G. J. Xie, H. Zhang, and Y. Zhao, "Design of a miniaturized UWB MIMO Vivaldi antenna with dual band-rejected performance," IEICE Electronics Express, Vol. 17, No. 16, 1-6, 2020. doi:10.1587/elex.17.20200233
21. Thakur, E., N. Jaglan, and S. D. Gupta, "Design of compact triple band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with TVC-EBG structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 34, No. 11, 1601-1615, 2020. doi:10.1080/09205071.2020.1775136
22. Banerjee, J., A. Gorai, and R. Ghatak, "Design and analysis of a compact UWB MIMO antenna incorporating fractal inspired isolation improvement and band rejection structures," International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEÜ), Vol. 122, Art no. 153274, 2020.
23. Kumar, J. P. and G. Karunakar, "Compact UWB-MIMO triple notched antenna for isolation reduction," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 115, 2113-2125, 2020. doi:10.1007/s11277-020-07673-9
24. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory, Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1997.
25. Chandel, R., K. Rambabu, and A. K. Gautam, "Design and packaging of an eye-shaped multiple-input-multiple-output antenna with high isolation for wireless UWB applications," IEEE Transactions on Components, Packing and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 8, No. 4, 635-642, 2018. doi:10.1109/TCPMT.2018.2806562