A novel 4-element UWB MIMO (multiple-input multiple-output) slot antenna with triple band-notched characteristics is designed and fabricated. It is composed of four rectangular slot antennas with two C-slots and a T-slot. To improve the isolation, cross-shaped branches are added. The measured results demonstrate that the antenna can operate ranging 2.51-11.07 GHz with the impedance bandwidth (S11 < -10 dB) of 856 MHz except three rejected bands, including 3.02-4.07 GHz, 4.54-5.83 GHz and 7.88-9.38 GHz, and the inter-element isolation of antenna in the range of UWB band is higher than 21 dB. The presented antenna can filter the interference of WiMAX (3.3-3.7 GHz), WLAN (5.15-5.825 GHz) and X-band (7.9-8.4 GHz). What's more, the parameters of diversity performance like envelope correlation coefficient (ECC), diversity gain (DG), efficiency, gain, channel capacity loss (CCL), mean effective gain (MEG) and total active reflection coefficient (TARC) have been analyzed. Based on the analysis on simulated and measured results, the proposed MIMO antenna is competent for UWB applications with notched bands for WiMAX, WLAN and X-band.
1. Tang, Z., X. Wu, J. Zhan, Z. Xi, and S. Hu, "A novel miniaturized antenna with multiple band- notched characteristics for UWB communication applications," Electromagn. Waves Appl., Vol. 32, No. 15, 1961-1972, Jun. 2018. doi:10.1080/09205071.2018.1486235
2. Gautam, S. and K. Cecil, "A four-element planar UWB-MIMO antenna system comprising of plus-sign stub for high isolation," Int. J. Eng. Adv. Technol., Vol. 7, 17-20, 2018.
3. Khan, M. S., et al., "A 4 element compact ultra-wideband MIMO antenna array," IEEE Antennas Propag. Soc. AP-S Int. Symp., Vol. 2015, 2305-2306, 2015.
4. Palniladevi, M. P., "Compact MIMO Yagi-Uda antenna with parasitic strip for LTE application," Int. J. Pure Appl. Math., Vol. 119, 1913-1919, 2018.
5. Biswal, S. P. and S. Das, "A low-profile dual port UWB-MIMO/diversity antenna with band rejection ability," Int. J. RF. Microw. Comput.-Aided Eng., Vol. 28, No. 1, Art. no. e21159, Jan. 2017.
6. Liu, Y. Y. and Z. H. Tu, "Compact differential band-notched stepped-slot UWB-MIMO antenna with common-mode suppression," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 593-595, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2592179
7. See, T. P. and Z. N. Chen, "An ultrawideband diversity antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 6, Jun. 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2019908
8. Liu, Y. C., G. Zhe, and X. Shu, "Triple band-notched aperture UWB antenna using hollow-cross- loop resonator," Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 10, 728-730, 2014. doi:10.1049/el.2013.4256
9. Kang, L., H. Li, X. Wang, and X. Shi, "Compact offset microstrip-fed MIMO antenna for band- notched UWB applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1754-1757, 2015. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2015.2422571
10. Bhattacharjee, A., A. Karmakar, A. Saha, and D. Bhattacharya, "Design of a compact UWB MIMO-diversity antenna incorporating fractal inspired isolation structure with band notch characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 2021.
11. Srivastava, G. and B. K. Kanuijia, "Compact dual band-notched UWB MIMO antenna with shared radiator," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 57, No. 12, 2886-2891, 2015. doi:10.1002/mop.29459
12. Zhou, J.-Y., Y.Wang, J.-M. Xu, and C. Du, "A CPW-fed UWB-MIMO antenna with high isolation and dual band-notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 102, 27-37, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERM21012702
13. Jaglan, N., S. D. Gupta, E. Thakur, D. Kumar, B. K. Kanaujia, and S. Srivastava, "Triple band notched mushroom and uniplanar EBG structures based UWB MIMO/diversity antenna with enhanced wide band isolation," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 90, 36-44, 2018. doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2018.04.009
14. Naktong, W. and A. Ruengwaree, "Four-port rectangular monopole antenna for UWB-MIMO applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 87, 19-38, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERB19102902
15. Tripathi, S., A. Mohan, and S. Yadav, "A compact Koch fractal UWB MIMO antenna with WLAN band-rejection," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 1565-1568, 2015. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2015.2412659
16. Raheja, D. K., B. K. Kanaujia, and S. Kumar, "Compact four-port MIMO antenna on slotted-edge substrate with dual-band rejection characteristics," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, e21756, 2019. doi:10.1002/mmce.21756
17. Muzaffar, K. and M. Idrees Magray, "Compact four element dual band notched orthogonally placed UWB antennas for wireless MIMO applications," IEEE-APS Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (APWC), 285-287, Granada, Spain, 2019. doi:10.1109/APWC.2019.8870472
18. Tang, Z., X. Wu, J. Zhan, S. Hu, Z. Xi, and Y. Liu, "Compact UWB-MIMO antenna with high isolation and triple band-notched characteristics," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 19856-19865, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2897170
19. Khaleel, H., H. Al-Rizzo, D. Rucker, and S. Mohan, "A compact polyimide-based UWB antenna for exible electronics," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 564-567, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2199956
20. Blanch, S., J. Romeu, and I. Corbella, "Exact representation of antenna system diversity performance from input parameter description," Electron. Lett., Vol. 39, No. 9, 705-707, May 2003. doi:10.1049/el:20030495
21. Tian, R., B. K. Lau, and Z. Ying, "Multiplexing efficiency of MIMO antennas," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 183-186, 2011. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2011.2125773
22. Karaboikis, M., V. Papamichael, G. Tsachtsiris, C. Soras, and V. Makios, "Integrating compact printed antennas onto small diversity/MIMO terminals," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 7, 2067-2078, Jul. 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.924677
23. Pandit, S., A. Mohan, and P. Ray, "A compact four-element MIMO antenna for WLAN applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 60, 289-295, 2018. doi:10.1002/mop.30961