A problem of scattering of electromagnetic waves by thin impedance biconical vibrators in а free space and in a rectangular waveguide is solved by an asymptotic averaging method and a generalized method of induced electromotive forces (EMF). An influence of the change of vibrator radius upon energy and spatial characteristics is numerically studied. Theoretical results are compared with the experimental data.
Andrey V. Gomozov,
Viktor A. Katrich,
Sergey L. Berdnik,
Victor I. Kijko,
"Scattering of Electromagnetic Waves by Impedance Biconical Vibrators in А Free Space and in a Rectangular Waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 119, 275-285, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERC22020304
2. Tai, C. T., "On the theory of biconical antennas," Journal Applied Phys., Vol. 19, 1155-1160, 1948. doi:10.1063/1.1715036
3. Schelkunoff, S. A., Antennas Theory and Practice, Facsimile Publisher, 1952.
4. Wu, T. T. and R. W. P. King, "The tapered antenna and its application to the junction problem for thin wires," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 24, 42-45, 1976. doi:10.1109/TAP.1976.1141274
5. Saoudy, S. A. and M. Hamid, "Input admittance of a biconical antenna with wide feed gap," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 38, 1784-1790, 1990. doi:10.1109/8.102740
6. Sandler, S. S. and R. W. P. King, "Compact conical antennas for wide-band coverage," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 42, 436-439, 1994. doi:10.1109/8.280735
7. Wong, K.-L. and S.-L. Chien, "Wide-band cylindrical monopole antenna for mobile phone," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 8, 2756-2758, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.851784
8. Song, C., Y. Huang, J. Zhou, P. Carter, S. Yuan, Q. Xu, and Z. Fei, "Matching network elimination in broadband rectennas for high-efficiency wireless power transfer and energy harvesting," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, 3950-3961, 2017. doi:10.1109/TIE.2016.2645505
9. Dumin, O., P. Fomin, V. Plakhtii, and M. Nesterenko, "Ultrawideband combined monopole-slot radiator of Clavin type," Proc. XXVth International Seminar on Direct and Inverse Problems of Electromagnetic and Acoustic Wave Theory, 32-36, Tbilisi, Georgia, 2020.
10. Fomin, P., O. Dumin, V. Plakhtii, and M. Nesterenko, "UWB antenna arrays with the monopole-slot radiator of Clavin type," Proc. IIIth Ukraine Conf. on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 258-261, Lviv, Ukraine, 2021.
11. Scolnik, M. I., Radar Handbook, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1970.
12. Nesterenko, M., "Analytical methods in the theory of thin Impedance vibrators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 21, 299-328, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10020105
13. Bogoliubov, N. N. and Y. A. Mitropolsky, Asymptotic Methods in the Theory of Nonlinear Oscillations, Gordon and Breach, NY, 1961.
14. Philatov, A. N., Asymptotic Methods in the Theory of Differential and Integral-differential Equations, PHAN, Tashkent, 1974 (in Russian).
15. Dike, S. H. and D. D. King, "The absorption gain and back-scattering cross section of the cylindrical antenna," Proc. IRE,, Vol. 40, 853-860, 1952. doi:10.1109/JRPROC.1952.273853
16. Penkin, Yu. M., V. A. Katrich, M. V. Nesterenko, S. L. Berdnik, and V. M. Dakhov, Electromagnetic Fields Excited in Volumes with Spherical Boundaries, Springer Nature Swizerland AG, Cham, Swizerland, 2019. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-97819-2
17. Nesterenko, M. V., V. A. Katrich, Yu. M. Penkin, S. L. Berdnik, and O. M. Dumin, Combined Vibrator-Slot Structures: Theory and Applications, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, Cham, Swizerland, 2020. doi:10.1007/978-3-030-60177-5