An approach for the microwave nonlinear device modeling technique based on a combination of the conventional equivalent circuit model and support vector machine (SVM) regression is presented in this paper. The intrinsic nonlinear circuit elements are represented by Taylor series expansions, coefficients of which are predicted by its support vector regression (SVR) model. Example of a SiC MESFET nonlinear model is demonstrated, and good results is achieved.
2. Xu, Y., Large-signal modeling of SiC MESFETs, Master dissertation, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, 2007.
3. Zhang, Q. J., K. C. Gupta, and V. K. Devabhaktuni, "Artificial neural networks for RF and microwave design — from theory to practice," IEEE Transactions Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, 1339-1350, 2003.
4. Xia, L., R. Xu, and B. Yan, "LTCC interconnect modeling by support vector regression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 67-75, 2007.
5. Bermani, E., A. Boni, A. Kerhet, and A. Massa, "Kernels evaluation of SVM based estimatiors for inverse scattering problems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 167-188, 2005.
6. Yang, Z. Q., T. Yang, Y. Liu, and S. H. Han, "MIM capacitor modeling by support vector regression," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 61-67, 2008.
7. Wu, Y. Q., Z. X. Tang, B. Zhang, and Y. H. Xu, "Permeability measurement of ferromagnetic materials in microwave frequency range using support vector machine regression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 247-256, 2007.
8. Xu, Y., "Modeling of SiC-MESFETs by using support vector machine regression," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, 1489-1498, 2007.
9. Lazaro, M., F. Perez-Cruz, and A. Artes-Rodrıguez, "Learning a function and its derivative forcing the support vector expansion," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 12, 194-197, 2005.
10. Perez-Cruz, F., M. Lazaro, and A. Artes-Rodriguez, "Mutidimensonal SVM to include the samples of the derivatives in the reconstruction of a function," 2004 European Signal Processing Conference, 597-600, Vienna, Sep. 2004.
11. Pedro, J. C. and J. Perez, "Accurate simulation of GaAs MESFETs intermodulation using a new drain-source current model ," IEEE Transactions Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 42, 25-33, 1994.
12. Santamaria, I., M. Lazaro, C. J. Pantaleon, J. A. Garcia, A. Tazon, and A. Mediavilla, "A nonlinear MESFET model for intermodulation analysis using a generalized radial basis function network," Neurocomputing, Vol. 25, 1-18, 1999.
13. Dambrine, G., A. Cappy, F. Heliodore, and E. Player, "A new method for determining the FET small-signal equivalent circuit," IEEE Transactions Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 36, 1151-1159, 1988.
14. Chang, C. C. and C. J. Lin, LIBSVM 2.81(2006): A library for support vector machines. Available: http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/∼cjlin/libsvm.
15. Wang, L., R. M. Xu, Y. C. Guo, and B. Yan, "A temperaturedependent current model for phemt on GaAs," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 39-46, 2008.
16. Shi, Z. G., "Microwave chaostic colpitts oscillator: Design, implementation and application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 1335-1349, 2006.