Polarimetric SAR Interferometry can be used for parameter inversion of ground. An appropriate model is of most importance for parameters inversion. This paper derives a series of scattering model that can be used for parameter inversion of forestry area, such as RV, RVoG, OV and OVoG. These models can reveal the characteristics of forestry area as well as establish the relationship between observed data and parameters of test area. Finally, a multi-layer random scattering model that can be used for parameter inversion of forestry area containing a man-made target is derived. An improved model is examined by the simulated data of the singlebaseline polarimetric SAR interferometry. The result turns out that the improved RVoG scattering model is correct.
2. Treuhaft, R. N., "Vertical structure of vegetated land surfaces from interferometric and polarimetric radar," Radio Sciences, Vol. 35, No. 1, 141-177, 2000.
3. Papathanassiou, K. P. and S. R. Cloude, "Single-baseline polarimetric SAR interferometry," IEEE Trans. GRS, Vol. 39, No. 11, 2352-2363, 2001.
4. Treuhaft, R. N. and S. R. Cloude, "The structure of oriented vegetation from polarimetric interferometry," IEEE Trans. GRS, Vol. 37, No. 5, 2620-2624, 1999.
5. Hajnsek, I. and S. R. Cloude, "Pol-InSAR for agriculture vegetation parameter estimation," Proceedings of IEEE. IGARSS’04, 1224-1227, SAlaska, USA, eptembe 2004.
6. Cloude, S. R. and K. P. Papathanassiou, "Three-stage inversion process for polarimetric SAR interferometry," IEE Proc. — Radar. Sonar Navig, Vol. 150, No. 3, 125-134, 2003.
7. Cloude, S. R. and K. P. Papathanassiou, "Polarimetric radar interferometry," SPIE’S 42nd Annual Meeting Proc. Windband Interferometry Sensing and Imaging Polarimetry, Vol. 3120, 1551-1565, 1997.
8. Haupt , R. L., "An introduction to genetic algorithms for electromagnetics," IEEE A P, Vol. 37, No. 2, 7-15, 1995.
9. Zou, B., L. Zhang, W. Wang, and D. Sun, "Forest parameters inversion using PolInSAR data based on genetic algorithm," Proceedings of IEEE. IGARSS’06, 2651-2654, Colorado, USA, August 2006.