active phased array antenna has been developed that is capable of wide scanning angle with small deviation in antenna gain using printed dipole antennas with parasitic element, which may have the capability of adjusting the influence of mutual coupling in the array element pattern. The design of the parasitic element is examined and the effect of its shape on pattern characteristics is confirmed. Beam scanning angles of 58 degrees in the φ= 0。 plane were obtained for each array antenna pattern.
2. Edward, B. J., D. R. Helms, R. S. Webb, and S. Weinreb, "W-band active transmit and receive phased array antenna," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., 1095-1098, 1995.
3. Kim, D., M. Kim, M. Tanaka, and K. Matsugatani, "A microstrip antenna using patch array resonator," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 49, No. 12, December 2007.
4. Butterworth, J. C., "A high power coherent 95 GHz radar (hipcor-95）," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., Vol. 1, 499-502, 1987.
5. Pazoki, R. and J. Rashed-Mohassel, "Bandwidth enhancement of resonant slot array antennas," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 21, No. 9, 1177-1189, December 2007.
6. Sayem, A. M. and M. Ali, "Characteristics of a microstrip-FED miniature printed Hilbert slot antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 1-18, 2006.
7. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, K.-F. Lee, C. E. Smith, and D. Kajfez, "“Microstrip line and CPW FED ultra wideband slot antennas with U-shaped tuning stub and reflector," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 163-182, 2006.
8. Wei, W.-B., Q.-Z. Liu, Y.-Z. Yin, and H.-J. Zhou, "Reconfigurable microstrip patch antenna with switchable polarization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 63-68, 2007.
9. Chen, K., X. Chen, and K. Huang, "A novel microstrip dipole antenna with widerband and end-fire properties," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 21, No. 12, 1679-1688, December 2007.
10. He, Q.-Q. and B.-Z. Wang, "Radiation patterns synthesis for a conformal dipole antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 327-340, 2007.
11. Mizutani, H., M. Funabashi, and M. Kuzuhara, "GHz small-size HJFET MMIC switch for high power applications," IEEE AP-S Symp. Digest, Vol. C-50, 949-952, 1995.
12. Kuwahara, Y., Y. Kadowaki, and K. Matsumoto, "Array element pattern shaping by a parasitic element," IEEE AP-S Symp. Digest, Vol. 2, 934-937, 1995.
13. He, Q.-Q. and B.-Z. Wang, "Design of microstrip array antenna by using active element pattern technique combining with Taylor synthesis method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 63-76, 2008.
14. Yuan, H.-W., S.-X. Gong, X.Wang, and W.-T.Wang, "Scattering analysis of a printed dipole antenna using PBG structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 189-195, 2008.