Corrugated elliptic waveguide in actually extensive application is analyzed by using the mode matching method and Mathieu function. Considering space harmonics in the interior and higher order modes in the slot region of the corrugated elliptic waveguide, the dispersion equation of even TM modes is derived. The dispersion and attenuation characteristics as well as the influence of passband and stopband properties with the changes of structural parameter are investigated in detail. The calculated results in good agreement with ones in the relevant references are of very important values in theoretical studies and actual applications of corrugated elliptic waveguide for microwave engineering.
2. Yang, H.-S. and H.-H. Yan, "The characteristic equation of corrugated circular groove guide," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 22, No. 3, 485-494, 2001.
3. Wang, S.-J and H.-S. Yang, "The further study of corrugated circular groove waveguides by using method of space harmonics," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 23, No. 1, 485-494, 2002.
4. Epp, L. W., D. J. Hoppe, and D. T. Kelley, "A TE/TM modal solution for rectangular hard waveguides," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 3, 1048-1054, 2006.
5. Lu, Z.-G. and Y.-B. Gong, "Numerical analysis on high frequency characteristics of inner slotted rectangular waveguide grating slowwave circuit ," High Power Laser and Particle Beams, Vol. 18, No. 7, 1154-1158, 2006.
6. Xu, J., W.-X. Wang, and Y.-B. Gong, "Characteristic study of the periodically iris-loaded elliptical waveguide for slow-wave structures," International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 26, No. 9, 1355-1368, 2005.
7. Xu, J. and W.-X. Wang, "Study of corrugated elliptical waveguides for slow-wave structures," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 54, No. 1, 151-156, 2007.
8. Lucci, L. and R. Nesti, "Phase center optimization in profiled corrugated circular horns with parallel genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 46, 127-142, 2004.
9. Zhang, S.-J. and Y.-C. Shen, "Eigenmode sequence for an elliptic waveguide with arbitrary eccentricity," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 22, No. 3, 86-89, 1994.
10. Zhao, L.-X., Z.-Q. Yang, and Z. Liang, "Dispersion properties research on cylindrical slow wave structure," The 14th Chinese Vacuum Electronics Society, 303-306, 2003.